Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
Looking for a Cheapish Wireless A4 Mono printer to use on our travels in the Moho, Any Recommendations Please... TIA

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
If it's UK travel and not a lot of printing, you could always save your money and get it printed somewhere or get it printed by family/friends and get it sent to you?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kozikot

Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
If it's UK travel and not a lot of printing, you could always save your money and get it printed somewhere or get it printed by family/friends and get it sent to you?
Thanks, but 99% EU travel, as have a Caravan on a Seasonal Pitch for UK Jollies...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Campsites have computers and printers if you're using them ...though I agree having your own would be easier ....

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Campsites have computers and printers if you're using them ...though I agree having your own would be easier ....
Most printers these day include colour. I would recommend an all in one, eg has a scanner/copier built in a most are wireless.I have found that Canon print with excellent quality, the one I have is a duplex printer, that is it will print on both sides if you ask it. You will always find that printers are the cheap part, the cartridges cost the money so we use the non-manufacturer ones from cartridgesave.co.uk whose cartridges have never let me down

Upvote 0
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Most printers these day include colour. I would recommend an all in one, eg has a scanner/copier built in a most are wireless.I have found that Canon print with excellent quality, the one I have is a duplex printer, that is it will print on both sides if you ask it. You will always find that printers are the cheap part, the cartridges cost the money so we use the non-manufacturer ones from cartridgesave.co.uk whose cartridges have never let me down
If you buy an Epson Eco Tank printer you will save a great deal of money, printing costs are very cheap.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kozikot

Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
If you buy an Epson Eco Tank printer you will save a great deal of money, printing costs are very cheap.
Thanks, I put Mono as that's all I need, but realise now that 99% are Mono and Colour, Printing costs not so much an Issue, as won't be writing a Book, LOL !
It was more Size/Weight, was on a Campsite in Spain that wanted €5 per A4 page to print, and the same to receive packages...

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks, I put Mono as that's all I need, but realise now that 99% are Mono and Colour, Printing costs not so much an Issue, as won't be writing a Book, LOL !
It was more Size/Weight, was on a Campsite in Spain that wanted €5 per A4 page to print, and the same to receive packages...
At €5 a page that is an astronomic mark up

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
"Cheapish" is the problem if you want something compact. The Canon Pixma ip110 looks good but you won't get much change from £300.

Edit: The Canon TR150 is nearer £200 and is battery powered so potentially better for off-grid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Weve got a hp deskjet 3720 at home which is quite small the scanner is a feed through type rather than flat bed down side is you cant scan a passport through it but it does print from phone so for thick documents you can photo on phone and print
obviously you need to print buit many things now can be on your phone and acceptable for proof tickets etc

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I needed to buy a new printer last week. I usually have cheap Canon ones £40 ish and change to compatible ink after warranty runs out. Found that printers are in quite short supply and have gone up in price considerably.
in the end I got an HP deskjet 2710 from Rymans online. Came next day £49 includes start up ink.
I have signed up to “instant ink” to try it out at 99p per month for my light usage of 15 pages per month (you can carry over unused) then they send you ink as you need it. As a complete set of Canon ink used to cost me £30 odd and not last a year, I thought worth giving it a go.
If you are on the move though, probably better to make sure that you can just buy ink in usual way.
I did fancy the Epsom and Canon new system where you have ink tanks that you refil but the initial cost of £180 plus, not worth it for me.

Upvote 0
Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
I use HP Instant Ink @ £1.99 a month for 50 pages.
Can't fault the quality or the service, great product.
I have an HP Envoy 5020, printer, copier and scanner with wifi connection. Can send to printer from phones, PC, laptop etc.
A bit bulky for you perhaps, but weighs nothing.
Geoff

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I have a hp laserjet M15w for the van. Used with a 150w msw inverter. It is half the size of a 3 in one and a damned sight lighter. Was £50 with cash back. Advertised as the smallest laser printer at the time. Used with phones tablets (samsung android) and PC. The dogs do dahs

Upvote 0
Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Startby looking at the cost of ink cartridges, I only use compatible ones I have an Epson 3540 dedicated to A4 printing,and a Brother 4110 dedicated to A5 printing both cheap to run. It’s not the cost of the printer it’s the running cost that matters. I used to enter lots photograph competitions and won quite a number using compatible cartridges, so don’t let anyone tell you they are no good

Upvote 0

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
I would agree with Jim - try a small Laser printer. If you go for one of the well known makes, search for compatible toner cartridges to see what replacement costs are like. We have Dell and HP lasers which have been reliable for years (famous last words).
The chance of Toner leaking and causing a mess are lower than the liquid ink cartridges. When my dad was alive it was a regular job for me to unblock the jets on his ink jet printer as he only rarely used it.

Upvote 0

Cherub

Free Member
Sep 24, 2020
Glen Prosen, Angus, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
Since 2009
I had a really good Samsung mono that performed great, it was a laser which worked out much cheaper. Now have an OKI, also very good, has scanner and copier too.

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
A clone cartridge for my hp was £14 genuine hp £40. Its been in the cupbodrd for over a year. The original still doing its job, in spite of swmbo and crochet patterns.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kozikot

Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
Looks like the HP Laserjet M15w fits the Bill perfectly,Thanks All...

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back