Winter storage (1 Viewer)

Aug 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
A class
About to consider how to store Giovanni for the winter. He is parked on a concrete pad at the bottom of the garden under a couple of apple trees. Long term plan may be to build a gazebo with roof, but for this first year it will be something less permanent.
Do the breathable covers work? How might they cope with apples falling and rotting? Would a tarp do the job,? What about rigging a sailtype cover, or will it just flap a lot??
Any experiences v welcome.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Why store it? Just get out there and use it. We use ours all year round; admittedly less in winter but still get away for a few days at least once a month usually more.

Vans are built to be out in all weathers so can't see any point in a cover. Dealers certainly never cover the vans and they are out in the open all year.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SueandAndy
Aug 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
A class
Yes, that is still part of the plan, but it will still need some protection feom the elements for the rest of the time. Hence the gazebo/port idea so we dont have to fight to pull a cover over every time we get home. Nonetheless, would still like thoughts on temporary protection. 🤪

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
My son's caravan and my m/h are in my drive.
I don't cover my m/h as I use it during the winter but it is parked with a lean towards one corner so that a). rainwater doesn't pool on the roof with the potential to leak at roof seams and skylight, and b). the dirty rainwater streaks run down in one easy-clean area.

My son doesn't use his caravan in winter. It is in the shade under a tree and has a shaped breathable cover on it, not because it has leaked but to save the outside from getting green/mouldy and bird droppings. It has a couple of zip openings so that the door and a window can be opened easily from time to time to air the interior. It doesn't seem to flap or scratch the bodywork.
We bought his from this firm who also supply covers for m/homes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
SueandAndy
Aug 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
A class
Thanks, Spriddler. Thats the sort of thing i was looking at, but we were worried about the mustiness factor. Like the zips to give it an airing.đź‘Ť

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back