Wild camping (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Wild or free camping as we know it is called Boondocking in Australia. I think they have a bit more space than us.
Just saying like. Bye

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Yes, i think the Aussies copy a lot of what the Yanks do.
I looked up Boondocking, it derives from Mountain? Why anyone would go down in the boondocks beats me. Maybe a different meaning.
I did lots of Boondocking in the USA earlier this year before the dreaded C.
Allowed on BLM land.. Brilliant places.
Phil

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
When we were in aus 3 years ago , it was commonly referred to freedom camping

I always thought the reference boondocking in the USA was derived from one of their famous trailblazers , Daniel boon

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
When we were in new Zealand there were signs in many towns prohibiting Boondocking within x Kms and also in public loos stating no cassettes to be emptied

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
When we were in new Zealand there were signs in many towns prohibiting Boondocking within x Kms and also in public loos stating no cassettes to be emptied
In sweden you cannot empty cassettes in most public loos------ this is because of the chemicals that are added to cassettes.
We didn't use any so did use loos when we could find no alternative

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
From the 8th January it has a new name in Portugal too...........

Banned 👍😜
There are so many really good aires in portugal you don't really need to wildcamp---' but l wonder if they will enforce it, an odd van parking out of the way, away from the coast may be left alone???
I believe the new law was brought in to give GNR some power to move irresponsible campers??
The problems with wild camping were the main reason we bought our on spot to camp on!!

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
There are so many really good aires in portugal you don't really need to wildcamp---' but l wonder if they will enforce it, an odd van parking out of the way, away from the coast may be left alone???
I believe the new law was brought in to give GNR some power to move irresponsible campers??
The problems with wild camping were the main reason we bought our on spot to camp on!!
Spain could follow....I imagine the new Mazarron camperpark had it's permissions rushed through to clear the number of vans parked up behind Lidl.....not able to use the excuse.....nowhere to go, Mr Guardia Civil officer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back