Wild Boars ... 2 of them on different days (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Well the things you see when on holiday!

The first 'boar' was a joy to see and I would love to have been able to get a photo, the second 'boar' whilst some may wish to see a photo wasn't anything like as exciting!

A couple of day ago we were parked up for the night at Artola (near Marbella) and hubby went out with the dogs whilst I washed-up, then a couple of minutes later he came back and told me there was a wild boar walking along the road ... yes really! :oops: There was no time to grab my phone or camera so I just legged it to where he'd seen it and a bit further along in a small cul-de-sac it was there snuffling round the base of a palm tree ... I looked at it, it looked at me and then it walked a few steps towards me and stopped ... we both eyed each other for a while then it did a runner down the road. Hubby had gone back to get his phone for a photo but it was too late by then. It was a wonderful beasty and although adult sized didn't look very old, I assume it lives in the wooded/dunes area nearby and just comes out at night for 'rich' pickings from all the tourists.

Today, having moved to a car park next to the tower where most of the MHs are, we decided to have a sit out on the beach with the dogs. There were various people pottering along, many giving their dogs a walk, a fair proportion of the plodders were Brits (including some MHing neighbours and others from the nearby campsite) then a youngish chap came running along the edge of the water who seemed a bit 'too' energetic for your casual tourist so we looked at him ... now we thought he had skin coloured trunks on but it soon became apparent that his 'dangly bits' were well and truly having a swing around! We were rather bemused as this isn't a nudist beach and whilst the weather was good it wasn't THAT warm! About 10 minutes later he ran back along the beach, still buck naked, and I can tell you things hadn't 'improved', he wasn't a bad looking chap with a fairly good physique but I've no idea why he decided to have a run around 'al fresco'! All I can do is apologise for once again I did not have my camera with me!

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
...then a youngish chap came running along the edge of the water who seemed a bit 'too' energetic for your casual tourist so we looked at him ... now we thought he had skin coloured trunks on but it soon became apparent that his 'dangly bits' were well and truly having a swing around! We were rather bemused as this isn't a nudist beach and whilst the weather was good it wasn't THAT warm! About 10 minutes later he ran back along the beach, still buck naked, and I can tell you things hadn't 'improved', he wasn't a bad looking chap with a fairly good physique but I've no idea why he decided to have a run around 'al fresco'! All I can do is apologise for once again I did not have my camera with me!
Not especially unusual in Spain - if not quite an everyday sight - but all perfectly legal. And doubtless running in the sunshine, albeit quite low temperature, would no doubt be comfortable enough in the buff.

We've certainly enjoyed relaxing au natural in Almeria today; it was sheltered and just pleasantly warm enough - gin clear blue sky. Don't worry, I won't post the photos... ;) :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
If that's the car park by the tower at Cabopino you'll get plenty of that going on. That area of dunes just along is packed with "meercatting" men in summer.!
Just seen that Artolla is right by Cabopino beach - which is indeed a recognised nudist location. And one we've enjoyed on a number of occasions.

But I agree, there can be some unpleasant goings on in the dunes, unfortunately. Always best to stay on the open beach there.

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
There are lots of Wild Boar down here. All the way along the top of Torre Nueva and Riviera. They seem to drop down when they are short of food or water.
The beach after Cabopino is noted as a place for nudistas. You can bypass it by walking along the back of the beach next to the car park.

JohnJan

Free Member
Jun 26, 2019
England
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2011
Not the best pics but was right by us at the Dune de Pyla in September. SWMBO said is that a dog? My reply was yes it's a long nosed hairy labrador!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 20190908_210759.jpg
    20190908_210759.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 20190908_210803.jpg
    20190908_210803.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 78
Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Be careful around wild boar as they can become very aggressive if they get upset about something.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back