Who are you if you google your name? (1 Viewer)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
I'm a lawn care expert along with being a wrestler. Looking out of the window this morning I need to get out and wrestle with me own lawn.

My name is Dane Curtis and it was interesting looking up my own name as I thought I would be the only one but there are loads. I have only ever met one person called Dane, I had to visit a Dentist at one of our surgeries and was waiting in the reception office when I hear the Dentist say you can come in now Dane, so I went in and the Dentist said what do you want, I said you called me in but it wasn't me she was calling it was a young lad called Dane being called in for his treatment.

Oct 10, 2019
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 760
Exp
1st year
I’m a footballer who played for wolves and a convicted builder from Ipswich who committed a £160k fraud ( wasn’t me my lord honest 😂)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 7, 2022
34390 Saint-Étienne-d'Albagnan, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
When we bought the camper a couple of years ago, the seller had to do some work to get it through the CT (MOT)

When he emailed me to say it was now all good and I could pick it up, he used david not dave in the email address and got an automated reply saying that my namesake had died after a long struggle with cancer, he was a bit taken aback at the time, but we we had a bit of a laugh about it afterwards. Obviously about the mix up, not that my namesake had died.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
i feel quite inadequate now seeing what and where i could have been..
preacher, congressman/woman, business executive in barbados, etc, etc........

but i'm happy just being me thank goodness..

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
First and foremost I am Executive Vice-President, Corporate Affairs for Hertz. My previous job was as Global co-head of Brand and Content Strategy at Goldman Sachs, a job I took on after several years practising law.

In a different life I am now the oldest.cabin crew flying out of Gatwick. My claim to fame is that I was interviewed by Tomorrow’s World as a schoolgirl in 1966 and predicted that by the year 2000 the world would be so over-populated that we would be living under the sea.

May 10, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail
Exp
Since 2002
Apparently I died in 1778, but must have been given another chance, so became a professional boxer in the early part of the last century and a deck boy who perished when his ship was sunk in the first world war. It seems I now run a multi-discipline design company and I'm also a member of an American rockabilly trio. I don't know how I find time for motorhoming.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
Well my first hit sees me as a black footballer playing for the Washington commanders and shot and injured by 2 teens

Things got worse, I then popped up as a loyalist terrorist shot dead in Crumlin Rd Belfast by an undercover female soldier whilst I was about to murder an innocent Catholic 😳

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Well my first hit sees me as a black footballer playing for the Washington commanders and shot and injured by 2 teens

Things got worse, I then popped up as a loyalist terrorist shot dead in Crumlin Rd Belfast by an undercover female soldier whilst I was about to murder an innocent Catholic 😳
Given the assassins could be third time lucky I wouldn't being going out the house any time soon!:Eeek::whistle2::giggler:

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
According to Google, it seems I spin bowl for Northants, can do the commentary at Everton games and run a side line in chemical engineering at Herriot Watt. I was aware from years ago that, with a slightly different spelling of my first name, I held the first private pilot's licence in Britain !
Edit:
Those are some impressive lino-cuts maz, don't remember my ones at school being anything like those belters !

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
I’m dead several times over, & an old woman from Salford with 158 grandchildren, great grandchildren & great great grandchildren!

Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
I'm a convicted drug smuggler doing a long stretch at his majesty's' pleasure

Apparently I invented a seriously fast (60mph +) 'cigarette' power boat able to outrun any revenue cutter whilst carrying upto 1.5 tonnes of cannabis or tobacco between Morocco and Spain.

After flogging several dozen of the boats for six figure sums (cash only) I eventually got caught, but it took HMRC several years to find where I'd invested the money.

I'm going to be a bit brassic once I get out.
Anyone need a 'delivery man'
Know what I mean guv'ner, wink wink.
Mmmmm reminds me of the family in Gib that used to run the 'gear' between the two continents using two ex round Britain power boats.......the father and ex 'don' became a good friend of my mum when my parents retired to Gib to live on a boat in Sheppards...she thought he was a lovely gentleman......!

OP
OP
B
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Mmmmm reminds me of the family in Gib that used to run the 'gear' between the two continents using two ex round Britain power boats.......the father and ex 'don' became a good friend of my mum when my parents retired to Gib to live on a boat in Sheppards...she thought he was a lovely gentleman......!
I tried to find a youtube video of 'my' boats under full power, (5 x 250hp Yamahas, giving a top speed, loaded, on flat water, of around 80mph)
But apparently they only traveled at night and only on nights with the right weather.

Hence they were never caught with actual cargo on board.
Which is why the Guardia Civil simply appropriated all the boats and went after the boat builder who was based in Norfolk.

Apparently several of them ended up being run by the River Police and the Marines in the UK and the Guardia Civil in Spain.
The Marines ones engines have been downgraded to 2 x 175hp which still gives a speed of around 40mph on flat water

There are two stationed on the River Thames and one 60 foot one is now a private cabin 'cruiser' in Sweden .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back