May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I am going to change the tyres on my autotrail for a few reasons
Tyres cracked on the side walls and had an advisory to change them on last mot
The general driving feels harsh and causes everything to rattle, you would think it was running on solid rubber tyres
Also a lot of road noise seems to be produced by the existing tyres( Michelin agilis)
Has anyone looked into which are the smoothest running tyres, not to bothered about tyre wear as they will probably need changing before tread gets low due to cracking on sidewalls
Many thanks

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I believe from previous threads Apart from Michelin, Continental Tyres seem to be most popular, however Hankooks and one other that I cannot recall are also being recommended. Then of course there is always the choice between "Van Tyres" & Campercar all weather jobbies"
I would always try and get a tyre with the winter logo on it which I believe is required if travelling over the Alps and alike in winter months.
I am sure you will hear everyone's preferences shortly, I will stick with The Michelin Agillis that came with the van, we dont suffer the harsh ride you describe, even though the rears are pumped up tp 79PSIo_O
Les

OP
OP
Antony bleasdale

Antony bleasdale

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
? the harsh drive is possibly down to the age of the tyres, hope someone can confirm this

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Antony bleasdale

Antony bleasdale

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Not checked yet as my gauge won't go high enough, will check it before I fit new tyres though for curiosity, I noticed on the tyre 65psi. Must admit the drive feels more like 165? I have to change them and the agilis do seem to have a good review

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Not checked yet as my gauge won't go high enough, will check it before I fit new tyres though for curiosity, I noticed on the tyre 65psi. Must admit the drive feels more like 165? I have to change them and the agilis do seem to have a good review

The 65psi is for the American market... if you contact Michelin they will say 80psi all round but most people find it too hard... I run mine at 60 fronts and 70 on the back with a 4250kg camper...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Antony bleasdale

Antony bleasdale

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Just checked them
55 front
61 rear
I think the rubber must be knackered and not performing as it should do. Perished and cracking on the sidewalls and actually looks like a small bleb is appearing?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Just checked them
55 front
61 rear
I think the rubber must be knackered and not performing as it should do. Perished and cracking on the sidewalls and actually looks like a small bleb is appearing?

Sounds ok, what age are the tyres.?

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes

NorthernSands

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
North Notts
Funster No
MH
Hymer E700
Exp
Since 2016
We couldn't get the Agilis in the right size on our last MH (185/14C) so went for Nexen CT8 tyres. Excellent reviews and the EU label suggested A-rated wet grip in that size. Nitrogen filled and they have been excellent; good grip and tyre wear.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back