Which sealant is best for these jobs..

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Hi all
I need to reseal around my toilet/shower tray and also fix some of the outdoor trim sealant thats cracked/missing

I have new tubes of Sikaflex 522, Puraflex 40 and CT-1

Which would be best for what?

Thanks

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
neither i would have thought as they are both advesives and i thing it would be hard to get a finish on it but im sure others will have a better idea , i just use a good bathroom mastic

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
CT1woukd do the job but it's not the easiest to work with or get a good finish.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
Neither of those for a bathroom. You want a silicon of which there are many. Bathrooms aren't too demanding so you can go cheaper (I use a local trade outlet for about £2.50 - £3 per tube). The only thing to try for in a bathroom would be mould resistant, but must use silicon.

Trims are another matter. If they are outdoor trims and aren't to be painted then use silicon and get neutral cure silicon as it won't peel away as others do. Use either small gap filler or plastic weld between the trim and the upvc window,

If you are doing internal trims or somewhere that needs painting over then use acrylic sealant. In the case of internal trims on upvc windows use small gap filler or plastic weld on the side next to the window and acrylic next to the plaster or wood.

In the case of missing trims, attach the new trims using double sided adhesive tape before sealing as above.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back