Which radio (1 Viewer)

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Our new Carthago is due out of the factory this coming week.

Our present one came without a radio and we had a pretty basic one fitted. It sounds ok and plays CD's which is its main use as once over the channel I do not seem to be able to get even Radio 4 anymore. We assume that the new one will not have a radio either. I have little knowledge of modern systems, and there seems to be an enormous price difference, does anyone have any suggestions as to what make to buy? Please.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Can't go far wrong with any of the major brands, Clarion, Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine. Comes down to what features you want, Clarion & Pioneer use IGO Prima satnav, Kenwood use Garmin.
I have a Clarion NX502e, very pleased with it I think they are discontinued but still avalible for around £550, mate has a Pioneer he is very pleased with that was a few hundred quid more.

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Hi Lenny we have bought the same Clarion, very pleased with it, did you buy the truck one or the ordinary sat nav,

Hope you enjoyed France, we are in the Languedoc now, storms around today though

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
If you want to get radio 4 then you need a radio with LW.

I get radio 4 until I reach the middle of Spain and occasionally, if the atmospherics are right I've picked it up in Portugal too.

Sony still do a radio with cd, remote control, Bluetooth and it has LW too.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hi Lenny we have bought the same Clarion, very pleased with it, did you buy the truck one or the ordinary sat nav,

Hope you enjoyed France, we are in the Languedoc now, storms around today though
Hi Lynne, I bought the standard one (I thought) but satnav has, car, lorry, bus, taxi & emergentcy vehicle settings. I did buy mine from a German dealer.

Report on our French trip here.

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Thanks Lenny, think yours is better than ours, if Roy sets it to lorry it still tries to take us down very narrow roads, we are just careful though and we still think it is a good piece of kit, bought 2 smart speakers in black case and mounted them behind the cab seats, great sound now.

Thanks for link to your trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Can't go far wrong with any of the major brands, Clarion, Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine. Comes down to what features you want, Clarion & Pioneer use IGO Prima satnav, Kenwood use Garmin.
I have a Clarion NX502e, very pleased with it I think they are discontinued but still avalible for around £550, mate has a Pioneer he is very pleased with that was a few hundred quid more.

Thanks, but I do not need a Sat Nav, just a radio with CD and LW. I will look at Sony as JackieP suggested.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back