Where to hire in Edinburgh, Borders or Lothians? (1 Viewer)

wildgoose1uk

Free Member
May 23, 2021
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
just looking
Hi all

My good lady and I are of a certain age where we have more time than we used to. We are thinking of getting either a motor home between 6 and 7.5m or a camper van. We are completely new to this and it is a massive amount of money these things cost so it seems sensible to hire one first for a couple of short trips.

Our trips will be primarily in Scotland with a two or three trips a year to Dorset.

We quite like the Carado …. Although that is the only one we have seen in the flesh but are wide open to suggestions.

Can anybody recommend places in SE Scotland to hire from?

thx in advance

wg

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
You can try Roseisle near Edinburgh or Knowpark at Livingston both have hire facilities although at KP the hire section might be subcontracted to Swift (who sit within the same perimeter as KP).

<Broken link removed>

<Broken link removed>

Upvote 0

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Hi all

My good lady and I are of a certain age where we have more time than we used to. We are thinking of getting either a motor home between 6 and 7.5m or a camper van. We are completely new to this and it is a massive amount of money these things cost so it seems sensible to hire one first for a couple of short trips.

Our trips will be primarily in Scotland with a two or three trips a year to Dorset.

We quite like the Carado …. Although that is the only one we have seen in the flesh but are wide open to suggestions.

Can anybody recommend places in SE Scotland to hire from?

thx in advance

wg
M/Home hire available from Wallace Caravans, Kirkcaldy [not cheap!] and from Struans of Perth. The latter will deduct the hire price from the motorhome purchase cost if you buy within 3 months,and I THINK that they will collect you from Edinburgh Airport if you're flying to Scotland.

Steve

Upvote 0

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Hi, there are a number of motorhome hire companies with bases in Broxburn, Spaceships, Bunker campers, Motorhome City etc, all based on a huge Industrial estate beside the Fiat and Mercedes commercial dealers. Not far from the airport, cheap by Uber or they do pickup, and right beside the motorway network so easy for travel in all directions. If you google motorhome hire Broxburn you’ll get all the dealers. Was out there last week, there were more than 100 vans spread over the various companies.
good luck and hope you enjoy.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
wildgoose1uk

wildgoose1uk

Free Member
May 23, 2021
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
just looking
Well it looks like I have a number of places to check out now. Rose isle are out as they have no hire fleet this year. I'll check out the others though. Does anybody have a particular firm they would recommend?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

ALKE

Free Member
Jul 21, 2020
GLASGOW
Funster No
MH
LOW PROFILE
Exp
Mac rent in harthill do rentals they do sunlight and defleths motorhomes I think they have other branches around the uk

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back