Where is the aerial outlet? (1 Viewer)

Sep 18, 2020
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2016
Hi, we have purchased a 2005 Autocruise Starblazer. I am going to fit a Status 580 in the wardrobe and wish to connect it to the tv points. There is an outside tv socket beneath the wardrobe but it only leads to one tv point - up to the one at the end of the bed. There are two other tv points - one near the kitchen sink and the other in a thin cupboard near the entrance door. Both have aerial cables going down to the floor.
Does anyone know where they then go to? If will save me running new cables through. There is no evidence of a previous aerial anywhere on the van. The previous owners didn't know.
Regards, Dave and Mad.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hi, we haven't purchased a 2005 Autocruise Starblazer. I am going to fit a Status 580 in the wardrobe and wish to connect it to the tv points. There is an outside tv socket beneath the wardrobe but it only leads to one tv point - up to the one at the end of the bed. There are two other tv points - one near the kitchen sink and the other in a thin cupboard near the entrance door. Both have aerial cables going down to the floor.
Does anyone know where they then go to? If will save me running new cables through. There is no evidence of a previous aerial anywhere on the van. The previous owners didn't know.
Regards, Dave and Mad.
We manage with a firestick it means we have iplayer too. We also have a conventional indoor aerial but haven't used it for ages. If you haven't already bought the status aerial is it worth the hassle of fitting it/drilling the roof?

OP
OP
Dave and Mad
Sep 18, 2020
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks, that's one way of doing it. I suppose it will work wherever the tv is positioned.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We just take the firestick from home and tether it to a phone. We did have one site with no mobile internet signal but there are areas where theres no TV reception too. Were not really troubled that much by an occasional evening with no TV. I don't know what the status ones cost but the firesticks easy. I certainly think for a lot of people satellite TV has had its day

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back