North Notts
Funster No
MH
Hymer E700
Exp
Since 2016
Hi all,

Ducato MKII (~1995) - with cab A/C

After removing a load of redundant cables from under the dash the other day, I saw the below. Thinking it was likely a cabin / pollen filter, I thought I'd have a look at it, see if it needs replacing, but I can't get it out. I've undone the screws, moved the vent cable pivot out of the way and PULLED! It moves about half an inch, then seems to get stuck on something. Assuming it is a filter, how does one remove it?

Many thanks.

IMG_20200620_161838_sm.jpg

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Just pull harder - all pollen filters are a PITA to change and need a bit of bravery. It's only paper and cardboard so you can't to much damage, although if it's not been changed for s while it will probably fall apart as you pull anyway so you'll need to get the Hoover nozzle in there afterwards Cheap as chips for replacement.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Just pull harder - all pollen filters are a PITA to change and need a bit of bravery. It's only paper and cardboard so you can't to much damage, although if it's not been changed for s while it will probably fall apart as you pull anyway so you'll need to get the Hoover nozzle in there afterwards Cheap as chips for replacement.
Easy peezy on sprinters

OP
OP
NorthernSands

NorthernSands

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
North Notts
Funster No
MH
Hymer E700
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks all. Sorry for the late reply.

Quite glad I didn't give it some umph! Looking on Eper and turns out it's the radiator! I shall leave that alone....

The pollen filter is under where the scuttle panel / windscreen wipers were. Hymer have put a big pipe over the heater air intake, leading to behind the headlight. I might, one day, see about changing the pollen filter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back