Mar 1, 2021
Brentwood , Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial Ducato
Exp
FA
Hi
New to the forum , new to campervanning , we bought a 2009 Swift Mondial Campervan at the tail end of last year , but only got 3 days away due to virus meltdown/lockdown.
We store it at a farm a couple of miles away, and I plan to get it going again for post lockdown. So I've brought the leisure battery home to trickle charge it but no doubt will need to buy a new one. Anyway when I was removing the battery I saw a button on the right of the steering wheel , I've checked the manual and the information video that the showroom mechanics made for us as a guide. Ive emailed the showroom , but they are FULLY closed.
I am fairly sure the led above the button panel is for the immobiliser , but the rocker switch is a total mystery to me ......any ideas???

Appreciate any pointers,
Thanks
Steve

20210220_153638.jpg

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi and welcome to the fun. Do you have an alarm fob with the keys?

Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
That's your button to disable the internal movement sensors.
This is to allow the alarm to be active for all the doors but to allow you to move around inside without setting off the alarm.
You use it by turning the ign on , then off. Then within 5 secs press and hold the button for about 2 secs.
You should see one long flash from the red indicator on the button.
This is for a Cobra alarm which I think is the one you have.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
That's your button to disable the internal movement sensors.
This is to allow the alarm to be active for all the doors but to allow you to move around inside without setting off the alarm.
You use it by turning the ign on , then off. Then within 5 secs press and hold the button for about 2 secs.
You should see one long flash from the red indicator on the button.
This is for a Cobra alarm which I think is the one you have.

I must check to see if I have this button if it’s normally fitted with Cobra alarms.

OP
OP
sirsteve

sirsteve

Free Member
Mar 1, 2021
Brentwood , Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial Ducato
Exp
FA
Hi Jim
Yes , keyfob has 3 buttons , 1 to lock , 1 to unlock the cabin, 1 to unlock everything.

Hi Jake
Thanks....I dont think I'd ever have sussed that out.

Really appreciate the replies
Thanks
Steve

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
We had one on a previous motorhome. It was to disable the security bike loop for the alarm.

Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
I should add , after your 'long press' you then lock up using the fob as normal.
It resets when you open the locks etc. in the morning (with the fob)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We had one on a previous motorhome. It was to disable the security bike loop for the alarm.

Ours is the same for the Strikeback alarm system. If you do have the Strikeback system (check for stickers on windows or beside doors or in the paperwork you were given) you will need to let eddievanbitz know (well his office) so the system can be linked to you. We have a second fob for the alarm system so it might not be a Van Bitz alarm.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Passenger ejector seat button.
Shhhhhhh .... don't tell him that ... we're waiting for him to find out the 'fun' way! :giggle:

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley

You know the old saying. Press it to find out. Then read the manual 😂
Wimmin won’t understand its a man thing. Like trying to beat the flush😂😂

Nov 7, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
No longer a Newbie
Welcome
On our Auto trail, it turns on the rear camera 🎥
It’s half the fun, working out what does what.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
More likely to be something to do with the alarm, but it could be to turn the radio on while ignition is off.

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
It’s obviously a secret agent motorhome and if you touch the button the Mrs (or same sex partner in these modern times ) flies through the roof - as per gold finger . Or it the button that disables the movement sensor so you don’t upset the neighbours at the campsite when you get up for midnight loo trip

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Welcome
On our Auto trail, it turns on the rear camera 🎥
It’s half the fun, working out what does what.
We just had a replacement reversing camera system fitted and the engineer installed exactly the same switch in the same place, so we can disable the system if we wish.

Could be to isolate any number of things, but alarm sensors and reversing camera would be my two top guesses.

Welcome, by the way!

OP
OP
sirsteve

sirsteve

Free Member
Mar 1, 2021
Brentwood , Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial Ducato
Exp
FA
Thanks everyone.....Im sure the ejector seat idea is particularly useful in the "you said take the next right" discussion that we tend to have all too frequently.
Seems consensus is to disable the motionsensor , I think we didnt bother locking the van when we went to bed because I knew there was motion sensors, but it didnt occur to me or Mrs to try that switch.

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
You might find that you can lock the van when sleeping in it at night, by using just the central locking button on the key fob (i.e. not the alarm fob if you have a separate one) or the one on the dash, without setting the alarm.

BTW, if you subscribe to the forum you’ll be able to post more than the limit of 5 posts which come free, and you’ll have access to all the other resources and discounts as well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back