What now (1 Viewer)

Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
I was going to buy the Murvi Pimento, however, they use two base vehicles, the Ford transit (August/September) or the Fiat (December ?).
Not wanting to wait that long so I am back to square one and now have no MH on order.
I am a solo traveller, want an automatic, I want the small room or at least a built in loo, and don't fancy a huge vehicle.
ANY IDEAS WELCOMED

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago

All depends on the min length you require, what about​

Auto-Trail TRACKER, 2 Berth,​

SWIFT SUNDANCE 530LP 2 BERTH MOTORHOME​

1642452815040.png

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I was going to buy the Murvi Pimento, however, they use two base vehicles, the Ford transit (August/September) or the Fiat (December ?).
Not wanting to wait that long so I am back to square one and now have no MH on order.
I am a solo traveller, want an automatic, I want the small room or at least a built in loo, and don't fancy a huge vehicle.
ANY IDEAS WELCOMED

Murvi's often have low mileage trade-ins, stick with the Murvi's especially the Morello. Far better, in my opinion, than the Pimento. Who want to live in a pepper? A Cherries much sweeter! :LOL:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Live Life Now
Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
Hi L'Hobo,

Yes this was on my mind but I saw the base vehicles were still the Fiat and Ford, I am led to understand that on the Morello they also use the Mercedes so I have just dropped Murvi an email, lets see what they come back with.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Live Life Now
Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
Thanks GeoffnDee,
I will follow up all leads as I am back to square one.
Murvi just replied, cant fault their salesman Rex, he says the fiat August September is still the best bet.
Cant say I fancy losing another year, no van no happy smiling face:(

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Hi L'Hobo,

Yes this was on my mind but I saw the base vehicles were still the Fiat and Ford, I am led to understand that on the Morello they also use the Mercedes so I have just dropped Murvi an email, lets see what they come back with.

They have a website although, as the Merc is a fairly recent addition, I doubt if there is any used ones and the new ones are very expensive.

Just a word of warning, when I bought mine, about 5yrs ago, (a private sale, NOT through the owner Rex) although it was 10yrs old, it was STILL registered as a van.
I reregistered it as a motorcaravan, but if all the stories are to believed, that is getting much harder to do so. good Luck!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Live Life Now
Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
Just spent the last couple of hours chasing Mo-Ho delivery dates and they are wilder than the West.

I diversified and started to look at buying a new van (similar problems) with the intention of converting, I do have a couple of converters close by.

CONCLUSION, rightly or wrongly, I think that this summer when the Pandemic has retreated, I hope, that the market will be flooded with M-Ho that newbies could not get on with.
, watch this space.

Any ideas anyone?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring XL
Exp
Since 2012
Have you thought about the Carthago Malibu range? I have the 5.4 metre 540DB with a front dinette, full washroom and fixed rear double bed. Tons of storage and fully winterised. There are a few ‘coming soon’ on AutoTrader…worth a look. Look under Carthago AND Malibu.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Live Life Now
Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
Hi Crazyj,

You have sent me on another direction, I am waiting for a rep from Harbour creek to contact me.

Will keep you updated.

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Live Life Now You may have seen it , but There is a automatic Adria van that has just gone in the classifieds section that is nearly new with many extras and hardly any miles that may suit you (unless the van must be brand new)

Upvote 0
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Hi L'Hobo,

Hi L'Hobo,

The price for the Morello on Mercedes is eye watering, we had a Morello on a Fiat 2005 2.8 jtd. Lovely van but the insulation is poor, it’s just cheap 2 bit loft insulation placed against the wall.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Live Life Now
Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
Update and still open for suggestions.

I intend to visit a dealer over the weekend to see a Malibu DB 540 SWB, this MoHo has a transverse double bed and I shall be looking at turning this into a single bed, any ideas? (the dealers suggestion of find a partner who likes MoHoming was unacceptable)
Many thanks for ideas so far, you are an intelligent lot with a font of knowledge.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back