What have you fixed on your motorhome this week? (5 Viewers)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Photo as requested, might trim depth yet will see how it performs on it's first outing
You may want to leave a bit of length in your skirt to allow for the extra height required if you are up on leveling ramps. (y)
Also best to leave extra length so that if it's breezy it can be weighted/fixed down to stop it being 'flapped' - might be an idea to put in some eyelets to do the pegging.

Sep 10, 2020
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autograph 69-2
Exp
Moved over to the Dark Side after 16 yrs tugging.
Its taken a year to sort out but today finally managed to replace/fit the drivers front headlight cluster, smashed by debris from a cement lorry on the motorway. Getting parts for a UK Fiat/Peugeot is hideously slow but Coastal Motorhomes came up trumps, - half the price of dealers parts and they kept me informed of the progress of the order (or should I say, the failure of Fiat to deliver). Recommend Coastal Motorhomes.

Happy Jim

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 13, 2017
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9095DF
Exp
Since June 2017
Swapped the fridge/freezer doors from left to right hand hinge (easier than I expected thankfully as I kept the kit from when I originally fitted it.
Deleted about 900 channels of shizzle from the Sat box and now have a much more sensible 38 channels of stuff that I might actually watch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Its taken a year to sort out but today finally managed to replace/fit the drivers front headlight cluster, smashed by debris from a cement lorry on the motorway. Getting parts for a UK Fiat/Peugeot is hideously slow but Coastal Motorhomes came up trumps, - half the price of dealers parts and they kept me informed of the progress of the order (or should I say, the failure of Fiat to deliver). Recommend Coastal Motorhomes.
I can second that. (y)
They sorted me a new starter motor and a new sump pan and gasket recently. Top job. (y)

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Clutch cable snapped today going in to fifth gear had to cost along the road till I could find sumwher to pull up.
Bit of he'd scratching for a solution to get me back on the road
Bit of a rumige around in my tool box fund a cabile clamp 8 to5mm cabile size made a eye.
Put it over whare the eye had broken off worn out ajusted the cable right of to give me a bit of slack twenty mine back on the road
Bill

Jun 6, 2022
Bottesford, Scunthorpe, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Fitted a new safety device on the back, a red glittery sign, should tell them what
Home is MH.jpg

Happy Jim

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 13, 2017
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9095DF
Exp
Since June 2017
Massive job today, replaced the rubber bung feet on the pot supports of the 3 ring gas hob - had lost a few over the years so went large and replaced the lot!
Enjoying a pint of Thatchers now as a reward for my hard work!
8D9724DF-DC25-4EA7-BAD7-22B5F99145F9.jpeg

Norfolk Nige

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 4, 2021
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Wiensberg
Exp
Caravanning since 1980, saw the light in 2020
At the Norfolk Campervan and Motorhome Show on Sunday found we had no 12 v power. Yesterday with the assistance of Mrs Norfolk as I only have limited use of my legs, we traced it to a blown in line fuse from the leisure battery which she replaced. All working now👍

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Replaced the submersible water pump only to find the flexi filler hose is split in a number of places. have to wait for a replacement now before I can put everything back together.

Attachments

• IMG_3679.jpg
    IMG_3679.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 17
Jun 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Today's job was to fasten the kitchen sink mixer tap in securely, since we got MH its been loose, moving left n right in the hole rather than pivoting as it should, so sink out tap out, strip down, clean, lubricate with silicon spray, re assemble and refit nice n tight, then the fun starts, the little plastic sink retainer clamps, one had broke another had stripped threads, so I have a look around on web, found a mention here on the forum and a couple of places selling the kit, £45 for 4 M3 screws, clamps plastic caps, yer right, I made 2 out of some plastic blocks and an M3 tap.

adapt and overcome :)

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Not actually fixed myself but I had three new tyres fitted on Friday. The tyre fitters were a combination of a young lad and the boss. The young lad was struggling with getting the back wheels off until the boss stepped in. He explained to the young lad that the body needed lifting a fraction with a second jack under the chassis.
These days most bosses would have left the young lad to struggle ending up with an accident or damage being caused.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Fixed the roof vent locking thingamajig as mine snapped a lug and finally gave up the ghost. Tried to glue but it just fell apart again, so now fixed 👍🏻

Rubbish design by the way and no strength behind it at all, in fact utter rubbish, but it’s what we have to put up with ain’t it 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

At least I sourced the part and didn’t need to replace the assembly 👍🏻

EE6A028D-EDFA-41FC-9E27-F5BF16C91303.jpeg

3E7541F8-460A-4040-B123-3288DC0E37BC.jpeg

7C2DF6BF-347B-43E9-B7CE-5FE3B6EACDCB.jpeg

Jun 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Fed up with faded external decals, so masked off and sprayed over with a 'rattle can' aerosol. A peruse if my local accessory shop found a reasonable match for the three different colours. Rather pleased with the result.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Fed up with faded external decals, so masked off and sprayed over with a 'rattle can' aerosol. A peruse if my local accessory shop found a reasonable match for the three different colours. Rather pleased with the result.
Let's be having a shuftie then! 😄

Reactions: 68c

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Let's be having a shuftie then! 😄
Still need to do the back, but you can see how faded it was. Until I did the side I did not realise the decals appear to show sunlight reflected on the sea with dinghy sails. I used an old sales brochure (which I had uploaded to Resources) for the colours, still need to add a little orange to one side of the sun.
20220807_142027_copy_4000x3000.jpg

Attachments

• 20220807_142035_copy_4000x3000.jpg
    20220807_142035_copy_4000x3000.jpg
    479.6 KB · Views: 41
Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
After fixing everything, except the aircon which is being fixed in three weeks, after which I dare say all the rain we’re desperately short of will come at once, I’m now halfway home from a long weekend away and wondering why the front of the van is covered in oil streaks. Checking the dip stick shows I have oil where it should be, and I don’t have a warning light up. So so think I can get home on the vans own wheels rather than a set belonging to a recovery truck…. So, no fix today, but hopefully at least an identification of where it’s coming from before the Newbury Retro Fest at the end of the week.

Oct 29, 2021
Chesterfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Most of my life in one form or another
After fixing everything, except the aircon which is being fixed in three weeks, after which I dare say all the rain we’re desperately short of will come at once, I’m now halfway home from a long weekend away and wondering why the front of the van is covered in oil streaks. Checking the dip stick shows I have oil where it should be, and I don’t have a warning light up. So so think I can get home on the vans own wheels rather than a set belonging to a recovery truck…. So, no fix today, but hopefully at least an identification of where it’s coming from before the Newbury Retro Fest at the end of the week.
Can you rule out that its not come off something youve been following?

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Can you rule out that its not come off something youve been following?
Yes. I noticed similar streaks on Thursday and cleaned them off. Stopping halfway home I saw them again.
I've recently had a new bonnet fitted, and the catches were replaced and greased, and I'm wondering if it's something to do with that since all the streaks are below the bonnet, and most are around the badge, which is under the catch.
Got home ok. Very wary with my engine and any oil issues. Problems tend to be very expensive so I'm fervently hoping it'll be simple. Will call my garage tomorrow for advice, but if they need to see it it'll be very difficult to get it there in the next three days.

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
Fixed as in repaired, not as in fitted. Our mains went off and nothing was showing as tripped. 3 hours of trying eventually had me reading the manual "if the inverter is on and the mains goes off switch off the main 240v switch and the inverter switch and it should reset". It did too.

Apr 20, 2021
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Itineo
Decided to finally investigate the light that didn’t work over the overcab bed.
That will be the lack of lightbulb that was obvious when I took it apart.
I’m so glad chose this van, I always wanted a second full time job sorting it out 😂

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back