What compressor fridge?

Discussion in 'Fridges & Ovens' started by june, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Nasher

Nasher Funster

Ratings:
    +1,579
    Bought a van (MWB Puegeot Boxer), designed a conversion to fit my requirements & had a local company do the conversion.

If you are interested, pm me your email & I can give you the full story - but here's a few pics 3.jpg 2.jpg 5.JPG

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    • Like it Like it x 3
    • Love it Love it x 1
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  2. Aubs

Aubs Funster

Ratings:
    +2
    Nice looking van you have there. Can I ask Is that a Wallas Xc you have fitted if is so how do you find it as thinking going that route on my Relay L3H2 when it arrives.

3. Nasher

Nasher Funster

Ratings:
    +1,579
    Yes, I have a Wallas XC Duo. A combined DIESEL heater & HOB
    It runs off diesel from the vehicle tank and is really easy to use. The upsides/downsides are:

Upsides:

• No gas
    • No gas bottle
    • No gas alarms
    • No gas pipes
    • No naked flame in the van, meaning I can cook in and heat the van with a motorcycle it.
    • No fear of running out of gas
    • Easy to clean the ceramic hob
    • Compact as it’s a hob and heater - more space for beer & wine!
    • Runs on diesel, available anywhere & draws it from the vehicle tank (cheap to run, even in France!)
    • No condensation
    • You can get a toast rack for it!

Potential Downsides:

• It takes about 6 minutes to warm up – not a problem for me, but may be for some
    • It requires an intake & exhaust – my van was designed around it, so no problem for me
    • Draws an initial 4 amps on start up, so needs a bit of battery power, once running it’s fine and draws very little current
    • Expensive, but not too much more than using separate components
    • Needs flat bottomed cookware.

Brilliant bit of kit, I will never go back to gas. I am surprised that a lot more people aren't using them

I had my van converted by a local company, who fitted it.
    That said, fitting is straightforward two pipes (one inlet, one exhaust) need go to the outside plus a fuel pipe that can either go to the vehicle tank (mine does) or a seperate tank if you prefer.

Electrical connection directly to the leisure battery (fused obvioulsy)

Manual attached

Attached Files:

4. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

Ratings:
    +7,469
    ok in a small van but only rated 1.9 kw so wouldnt heat a larger van also no heating while your cooking