Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Hi Folks,

I've been looking for a weighbridge locally (Herts) and have come up with not a lot to be fair and have no response from the various local councils near to me. However, I'm going to be popping up the M1 and down the A1 at the end of April so I wonder if anyone can recommend a weighbridge I can use/book along the way?

I'll be leaving Commons Wood and heading up the M1 via Nuneaton and then onto Holmfirth. We'll be heading back into the peaks and then onto Whitby, finally heading to Hull and then across the bridge and back to Commons Wood. Anything along the way with not too much of a detour would be useful, thanks very much.

Meanwhile, continuing to search on here...

OP
OP
Andacami
Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Ah yes, thanks Guffy60 that's a useful resource but it only seems to take you to the local council website and as I mentioned, that's not been very helpful so far but I'll keep at it (y)

ETA: Finding more choice further afield via the Gov site but no one answering phones at the mo...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Sol
Exp
Since 2003
West Yorkshire Joint Services have a dynamic scale at their offices, which is about 200 metres from M62/M621 Junction 27. Open 24/7 free, no weight ticket though.

Address​

West Yorkshire Trading Standards Calibration Services,
Nepshaw Lane South,
Morley,
LS27 7JQ

There is also a scale at the entrance to King George Dock in Hull.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Gibbs recycling centre Hoddesdon have a weigh bridge.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
There is a weigh bridge on the A1 by Hatfield, now I’m thinking about it.

But can’t find any details on web about it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Andacami
Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Prompted to push on with the Gov website by Guffy60 , I've made contact with Sarval which is literally 10mins away from my first stop at C.L.S

£10.00 though and won't do a cheapie minus ticket - see what I can swing when I get there...

OP
OP
Andacami
Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
There is a weigh bridge on the A1 by Hatfield, now I’m thinking about it.

But can’t find any details on web about it.
That would be really useful as so close/handy for us. I'll do a Google Maps search for the familiar signs of weighbridge - I may be some time...

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Our Council (Guildford) removed one a couple of years back, now it would involve finding one of those DVSA jobs that Lorries are pulled into, or finding a quarry or a scrap metal yard, the later not being that appealing to me, as I value my tyres.
The last one I visited was a DVSA one just up the road from our MH dealers, but down in Wellington, Somerset.
£10 per axel & £10 for combined = £30 with a ticket/receipt.o_O
There seems to be much more choice up north, and cheaper too, especially in Yorkshire they tell me.:giggle:
LES

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
If you are in the area, brilliant trading standards one a few minutes off junction 15 M40, Leamington Spa. Loads of room to get in and out, two plates, never charged if you just want to see the numbers.

Nov 19, 2013
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Sold up!
Exp
since 2013
West Yorkshire Joint Services have a dynamic scale at their offices, which is about 200 metres from M62/M621 Junction 27. Open 24/7 free, no weight ticket though.

Address​

West Yorkshire Trading Standards Calibration Services,
Nepshaw Lane South,
Morley,
LS27 7JQ
Use this one quite often as it is very convenient and just off the motorway.
If you go during working hours and let them now you are coming they can provide a weight ticket, very helpful people there.

OP
OP
Andacami
Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
If you are in the area, brilliant trading standards one a few minutes off junction 15 M40, Leamington Spa. Loads of room to get in and out, two plates, never charged if you just want to see the numbers.
Could be useful on another trip later in the year...

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
The weighbridge at Hatfield hasn't been manned for years. You'd have to enquire with HCC, but if they're not answering...

Dacorum Borough Council have a public weighbridge at their Cupid Green depot, Redbourn Road, Hemel Hempstead.

There's one at Waterdell Waste Transfer Station, A405 Bricket Wood, just south of M1 J6. I don't think its public, but you could enquire with them.

Cemex, Oaklands Lane, St. Albans also have one AFAIK.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Our Council (Guildford) removed one a couple of years back, now it would involve finding one of those DVSA jobs that Lorries are pulled into, or finding a quarry or a scrap metal yard, the later not being that appealing to me, as I value my tyres.
The last one I visited was a DVSA one just up the road from our MH dealers, but down in Wellington, Somerset.
£10 per axel & £10 for combined = £30 with a ticket/receipt.o_O
There seems to be much more choice up north, and cheaper too, especially in Yorkshire they tell me.:giggle:
LES
Not sure I'd want to try that. I suspect they are now "invitation only", but more importantly, if you are overweight you'd probably find it costs a lot more than the £30 ticket / receipt. :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back