We have 10 days and we’re in need of inspiration (1 Viewer)

Sep 30, 2018
Norfolk UK
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 202
Exp
10 years overlanding in a Discovery. Sahara, Arctic, Iceland and Asia with more to come.
We’re based near Gt. Yarmouth and find ourselves at a loose end from the 12th - 22nd.

We have a 6m motorhome equipped for several days off-grid but happy to use sites. We’re members of both main clubs and would consider anywhere in the UK or Europe.

My wife has limited mobility so lots of walking (2 miles+) is out.

We happy to move each day or stay longer and equally happy to do 2-3 hours driving between stops.

We love landscapes and wildlife so sites with good views would be great. We also love quaint villages/markets.

So, taking all that into account, we would love some ideas and suggestions for places to go over the next week or so..

ta very much

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Jump in he truck and let it take you where you feel the need! We often toss a coin and decide on a left or right decision out of the gates at home. Then ....its where ever we can get in the time we have.
Just enjoy what you have and let your "gut" decide on the direction. It can either be a great idea or....a cock up! But who cares ? You are out travelling so sit back ..get the dvd of "Paul" on the go for later and enjoy where ever you get to. Remember......Its a privilege we have and not many can afford to do.

Kev and Carolyn

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
on your way back you could visit Bury St Edmonds Christmas fayre. they have free (though limited) motorhome parking - we went last year and although the spaces for mh's were taken, i phoned the council/parking office using the number on the sign and they cleared me for staying overnight in an unmarked bay and recorded it on their system so i wouldnt get a ticket! Perfect !!

21-24 Novenmber

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We did a week in Kent in December. Canterbury, P + R, Sandwich, Rye, Whitstable, Dungeness, Broadstairs, Margate

Had a lovely time. :)

OP
OP
Ralph Hardwick
Sep 30, 2018
Norfolk UK
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 202
Exp
10 years overlanding in a Discovery. Sahara, Arctic, Iceland and Asia with more to come.
NC 500 was the best trip ever...lots of wilding and journey up there fab as well...
We love that idea but would prefer more time and more daylight for that trip.

the weather en route may be a bit of a challenge as well. Especially around the floods etc.

OP
OP
Ralph Hardwick
Sep 30, 2018
Norfolk UK
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 202
Exp
We did a week in Kent in December. Canterbury, P + R, Sandwich, Rye, Whitstable, Dungeness, Broadstairs, Margate

Had a lovely time. :)
We’ll check that out. Thanks.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We’ll check that out. Thanks.
We had a lovely week Ralph. I did the same as you and asked Funsters for inspiration (and overnight stops).

This was the thread (hope it helps). (y)

May 17, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance SE
Exp
I am a Newbie
Hi Ralph,
I would like to suggest you visit Gods own country, that being Yorkshire of course ! ?
But please be aware that many parts of the county are currently suffering from severe flooding. (Especially South Yorkshire) Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire also affected. ?
It may be awhile before the water recedes. Not helped by the persistent showers we are still experiencing.
Wherever you visit, enjoy yourselves. ?

OP
OP
Ralph Hardwick
Sep 30, 2018
Norfolk UK
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 202
Exp
Hi Ralph,
I would like to suggest you visit Gods own country, that being Yorkshire of course ! ?
But please be aware that many parts of the county are currently suffering from severe flooding. (Especially South Yorkshire) Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire also affected. ?
It may be awhile before the water recedes. Not helped by the persistent showers we are still experiencing.
Wherever you visit, enjoy yourselves. ?
Yorkshire is always high on our list as my father originates from Stainforth. Sadly, as you point out, the flooding is putting us off going north.
We’re still unsure where we going but we’ll certainly try our best to enjoy it ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back