We got VERY lucky today. (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We have left our MH at a boatyard on Patmos, Greece, while we fly home for Basia to support her Mother for a few weeks.

We had planned to fly back with Aegean via Athens, on to Samos, stay the night and then ferry to Patmos. which has no aiport.

One week ago the airline cancelled that flight - underbooked?

This morning I was awake at 0600, contemplating the alternatives, even to get to Athens for a 8hr ferry to Patmos, or a thin chance of a charter to Samos.. So I got up to start looking. Looked at Aegean Warsaw-Athens, thinking of then 8hr ferry. Than looked for LOT-Polish airlines to get from Katowice to Warsaw, but just put in Katowice- Samos, assuming it would take us via Warsaw.

BINGO! - LOT have a direct flight once a week from Katowice to Samos and we can connect on the ferry that day from there to Patmos and be in the MH in the evening, albeit one long day.

As this is not a normal route for LOT I suspect this flight has been put on as a response to a travel company booking half the seats because of Greece opening up and LOT being able to sell the other half. LOT must have aircraft which are not fully utilised on scheduled routes.

Fingers crossed it operates as booked.:smiley::smiley:

Geoff

OP
OP
N
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
The only downside i can see is you might have to
bump start the plane as its been stood around so long :Eeek:
Take a can of easy start with you(y)

And what should I do for the flight crew?

Although come to think of it I left BA in 1975 and came back into the flying game in 1988, which was a bit longer than the Covid lay-offs. :giggle: :giggle:

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back