water tank thread, another one (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I have a coach built MH with a 65l internal water tank. I want to add another external tank(s). What is a sensible/ best way of plumbing it into the existing shurflo pressurised system. Feed from overflow of top tank (Tee to overflow, tap for winter issolation), use a separate submersible to pump up to main tank (controlled by float level switches).

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
I have a coach built MH with a 65l internal water tank. I want to add another external tank(s). What is a sensible/ best way of plumbing it into the existing shurflo pressurised system. Feed from overflow of top tank (Tee to overflow, tap for winter issolation), use a separate submersible to pump up to main tank (controlled by float level switches).

Two options, get a 'Y'pliece and, then cut into the original outlet pipe insert 'Y' you've now got two outlets from the pump, or you could join the tanks together adding a couple of valves in the pipe work.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Deleted I was wrong. Join the tanks together, add a couple of valves to the pipework.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
The shurflo will pick up (self prime) so all you need to do is fit a Y in pick up side of pump with a tap on both tank connections to Y . You can then select which tank you want to pump from . You just need to shut tap on empty tank and open on full one . This gets over problem of differing level of tanks. Hope the above makes sense to you .

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
If you connect two tanks together, it makes sense to have the inlet in one tank and the outlet in the other, it's not critical but it helps re clogging up, stagnation etc if on site for a LONG period.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just a thought - are you okay for payload? A 65L tank isn't the biggest to fit as original equipment and may have been limited to help keep weight under control. One litre of water weights one kilo, give or take a fraction..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
the1andonly
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
The shurflo will pick up (self prime) so all you need to do is fit a Y in pick up side of pump with a tap on both tank connections to Y . You can then select which tank you want to pump from . You just need to shut tap on empty tank and open on full one . This gets over problem of differing level of tanks. Hope the above makes sense to you .
thanks it does make sense, just trying to think of accsessible location to fit one.

If you connect two tanks together, it makes sense to have the inlet in one tank and the outlet in the other, it's not critical but it helps re clogging up, stagnation etc if on site for a LONG period.
my concern for this layout would be using in winter but need to get the little grey cells working.
possibly an hybrid of above 2. layout 1 winter, layout 2 summer, just a thought, possible problems not yet thought about

Just a thought - are you okay for payload? A 65L tank isn't the biggest to fit as original equipment and may have been limited to help keep weight under control. One litre of water weights one kilo, give or take a fraction..
Payload not a problem. Currently running about 3400 kg plated at 3850kg The tank is restricted in size by its position and van layout 6M

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back