Water Ingress Hymer (1 Viewer)

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
New A class no sign of any water ingress until now whilst away in the cold weather in the last 10 days.
After a particularly cold night/ snow /hard frost during the following day when the ice was thawing we had a ‘drip’ falling down onto an inside sill of the passengers door. On a visual inspection the drip is forming on one particular point of the underside of the grp under the drop down bed but cannot see where it has migrated from.
It coincides with the seal between the main roof and the curved front. Also opposite a satellite dish installation which was dealer installed. To emphasis not had any issues before but now the drip appears when it’s raining and no frost. Just wondering if the water has got under a seal then expanded with the frost and is now letting the water in. My concern of course is the damage this water ingress will lead to in time if it is not resolved quickly. It is booked into the dealer but would like to establish if others have had this problem with new Hymers recently!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Not had any problems myself but @GWAYGWAY had a leak in the same area it was due to the screws not being sealed that hold the aluminium rain deflector strip on the roof above the driver's door.
The plastic strip that runs across the roof at the joint is just a cosmetic trim.

OP
OP
pandas
Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Thank you Lenny. I will send him a pm to see if he can add more info.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lafant

Free Member
Jan 9, 2013
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We had a problem with water ingress in our garage compartment. The dealers removed the external seals and replaced them. Fingers crossed! The compartment was awash after rain. Our Duomobil is a 2017 model.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
We had a problem with water ingress in our garage compartment. The dealers removed the external seals and replaced them. Fingers crossed! The compartment was awash after rain. Our Duomobil is a 2017 model.
Try very accurately measuring the hole at the top and bottom then see if it is the same, Mine wasn't it was 6mm greater at the bottom and tapered down, at the bottom there was a gap between the hole edge and the rubber seal the you could stick things through. I ended up cutting out the whole back edge to the floor and resetting it tight to the door, it it is 100cm top and bottom same as the door on mine.
It never leaked after that, but befor the water would cover the garage floor in mild rain. I think that Abdul in the factory was playing up again. He certainly could measure anything. Lowdhams wanted it dropped off up there and left for 6 weeks so I did it myself in under a day for the cost of a tube of sikaseal black for the base where it joins the floor.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back