Water Heater heats immediately ??? (1 Viewer)

Jun 20, 2020
Funster No
MH
Ace Capri 2007
Exp
June 2019
I have a Ace Capri 2007 motorhome fitted with a Truma ultrastore water heater. My question is, i turn on the water heater electric switch in the wardrobe, the heater heats up the water immediately without me turning on the water heater on the control panel. According to the manual, the water should only start heating when you turn on the water heater on the control panel.
If you could help me why this may be happening

Dec 16, 2017
Funster No
The on off switch on the control will probably be the on off for running it on gas.
And the one in the wardrobe for heating it off 240v

OP
OP
P
Jun 20, 2020
Funster No
MH
Ace Capri 2007
Exp
June 2019
Thanks for info, Truma manual says that when electric switch is on and connected to electric, your hot water will only heat when you turn on the water heater switch on the control panel. To be honest we have only ever used the water heating on electric hookup and had just turned on both electric switch and switch on panel assuming you had to, to heat the water, however recently we have been getting the motorhome ready for the next trip at home and had hooked up to the electric, turned on water heater electric switch and found when we turned on tap, hot water came through, the switch on the control panel was off, so has left us a little unsure why this would happen, when the manual contradicts this. will have to try on gas to see it this is effected, thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back