Washing machines in French supermarket car parks (1 Viewer)

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
Starting to run out of clean clothes and know that in France some of the supermarkets have machines in their car parks. Think it's called revolution 24/24 but can't find any links/information online. Wanted to find a map or something with them on so we can plan a Sunday afternoon wash whilst their car parks are empty.
Anyone found anything like this please, maybe @yodeli knows something

Thanks

Shawn

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If there is a map it would be great, but failing one have a look at the larger Intermarché as we've found a few of those have washing machines outside.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Starting to run out of clean clothes and know that in France some of the supermarkets have machines in their car parks. Think it's called revolution 24/24 but can't find any links/information online. Wanted to find a map or something with them on so we can plan a Sunday afternoon wash whilst their car parks are empty.

Thanks

Shawn

Going to have a search asa work is finished ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
Noticed yesterday that the intermarche at Couhe of the N10 just below Pointiers has them on the carpark looked like two large washing machines and a dryer.

sewinlynne2

Free Member
Jul 21, 2013
Saron Dyfed
Funster No
MH
Elddis Riva GT Gold 175
Exp
since November 2016!!!
Have seen them in the foyers of many sm's but never on the car park!

sewinlynne2

Free Member
Jul 21, 2013
Saron Dyfed
Funster No
MH
Elddis Riva GT Gold 175
Exp
since November 2016!!!
Just googled it, there is a surrey based firm called Photo-Me(who also do photo booths!) doing them in france. Didn't see any other details. Sleuths can follow up?
article-2244923-1669853D000005DC-743_634x529.jpg

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Larger Intermarche, Leclerc and Super u have them. We use them regularly and find them very good mostly. They are usually cheaper than campsite machines and a lot larger too. Works a treat for us as I do the shopping while Mrs does the washing. Some of these will take a bank card but they are mostly coin operated. I have often asked at the supermarket customer service desk for change and they are quite happy to provide it even though the machines re not theirs.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Yes SuperU in our next door town of Lubersac have them. I seem to think SuperU were one of the first supermarket chains to do them. Most of them allow overnight parking so you can use them and shop with them.

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
The speedlav by photomaton website lets you search for ones close to you.

Link Removed

Search for machine - laverie, and then put in a town or click search nearby.

Don't know where you are but I just tried it with Poitiers (I studied there many moons ago) and it brought up a couple.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
I could not find any list of the supermarkets using this type of washing machine. Funnily I discovered they were an English investment . A group called Photom. Here in France it is Photomaton which is mainly for selfies in cabins.

If I find more info I'll let you know.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp

Link Removed

Don't know where you are but I just tried it with Poitiers (I studied there many moons ago) and it brought up a couple.

Whoops , hadn't read the lastest posts, just went straight on the net!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp

Link Removed

Brilliant. :)
I also may need a speedylav after oysters, as they tend to have that effect on me. And if I don't find one in time the washing machines will be useful. :D

OP
OP
shawn&emma
Nov 24, 2008
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp

Link Removed

Just perfect thanks. Just need to pick an area which we may be in.

Cheers

Shawn

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
We've found laundromats at some of the larger "Elephant Blue" car washes.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Brilliant. :)
I also may need a speedylav after oysters, as they tend to have that effect on me. And if I don't find one in time the washing machines will be useful. :D
I'm sure that a youthful gentleman like your good self has no need of oysters.............

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Thanks

Shawn
Just be aware that not all supermarkets close on a Sunday afternoon so they could be busy!

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
I use them frequently, so much easier than van or site alternatives.
I don't have a list of their locations but it would be very useful to have one.
With so many of us wandering that land maybe we should all keep a record of those we discover and put the details here somewhere - Resources?
I'd be quite happy to collate details from PMs and stick on a spreadsheet if that would help.

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015

Link Removed

Great info. Does anyone know if there is anything similar in Spain?

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We have used these supermarket Laveries all over France for a few years. They are generally very easy to find, if we come across one, we use it, if we don't see one, we wait, but if you head to a large shopping area, there is usually one somewhere, together with a service point at a larger fuel station.
A list of them would be a good idea though.
We have one in our Super U in Loudeac ( Brittany) together with a service point and GPL pump.
There is also one a few km north of us at Plaintel in the Intermarche car park.

OP
OP
shawn&emma
Nov 24, 2008
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks for all the comments and information. Dropped into a Super U this afternoon to get petrol and in the carpark found the machines. So all cleaned and smelling fresh again. Good machines and driers that actually dry unlike many campsite machines that seem to try to dry the washing by blowing cold air through.
Three sizes of washer, 6/10 and 18kg at €3.50/€7 and €10 a wash and driers at €2 for 16 minutes. €0.50 for a pot of powder.
IMG_0560.JPG

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Two more in the Haute Vienne for the list -

Châlus - the new Intermarché has them (Revolution) in the car park. Two sizes of washing machines and one tumble drier. The system offers a text prompt when the wash cycle has finished. This supermarket can be seen behind the Elan garage which is on the left on entering the town travelling south on the N21.

Aixe-sur-Vienne - the large of the two Super U, which is on the outskirts of the town, has them in the car park too. The machines look identical to those in Châlus from a distance. The car park for the other Super U, nearer the town centre, is useful for a visit to a private laundrette which is situated on the crossroads there.

J

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Great info. Does anyone know if there is anything similar in Spain?

Seen them in Spain
Noticed them outside fuel stations more than supermarkets.

Think it was Repsol.
Never even seen a laundrette in Spain ?
Thanks for all the comments and information. Dropped into a Super U this afternoon to get petrol and in the carpark found the machines. So all cleaned and smelling fresh again. Good machines and driers that actually dry unlike many campsite machines that seem to try to dry the washing by blowing cold air through.
Three sizes of washer, 6/10 and 18kg at €3.50/€7 and €10 a wash and driers at €2 for 16 minutes. €0.50 for a pot of powder.
View attachment 134268
That 's a posh one. Got glass & doors:LOL:. Only ever seen open ones .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back