Votronic VBCS 30/20/250 Triple Cl Battery Charger: great customer service. (1 Viewer)

Jul 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Don't yet own one
Exp
On a recent trip in France my wife suddenly noticed that our house battery voltage had dropped right off.
On checking, I found the starter battery was getting low too, and the Votronic unit was apparently not charging either battery. We were on EHU & had power.
Fortunately the failure only affected mains charging, so we completed our trip on solar & alternator power, with only minor inconvenience.
I have to praise both Votronic and SMC Campervans, the latter having converted our van. I emailed both, as the unit was still within the 3 year warranty.
Sam, at SMC , called me back while we were still in France. He said they'd had one or two similar units, fitted around the same time as ours, which had failed the same way. A bad batch apparently. He readily offered to replace the unit free of charge.
Separately, Votronic replied by email, with an order number to replace the unit too. When told them that CMC were dealing with the matter, they said they'd keep their order open for me just in case the arrangement with CMC didn't work out.
I've since received the new unit from CMC, and fitted it myself. All seems to be well.
That's what I call customer service! My thanks to both companies.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back