Visit to the 'Illuminated Arboretum' event at the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire (1 Viewer)

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
On what will probably be my last trip away in the van this year I headed from Wiltshire to Staffs on Thursday for the NMA's sold-out Illuminated Arboretum event. Very well done with some cleverly thought out effects and interactive bits and pieces as well as pretty lights! Must've taken months of planning. About a mile of trail with various light effects along the way.

Stopped at a nice Britstop afterwards before heading home on Friday. Their kitchen had just closed so I was glad of the jacket spud and coffee I'd had a few hours earlier at the Arboretum, but I went in for a drink and a snack before settling down in the van for the night.

The illuminations are highly recommended. If you're interested, keep an eye for tickets and book early next year. x:-)

DSC_3020-web.jpg

DSC_3022-web.jpg

DSC_3031-web.jpg

DSC_3033-web.jpg

DSC_3045-web.jpg

DSC_3058-web.jpg

DSC_3066-web.jpg

DSC_3074-web.jpg

DSC_3086-web.jpg

DSC_3087-web.jpg

DSC_3091-web.jpg

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
Is there car parking capacity for larger motorhomes please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tonks
Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Is there car parking capacity for larger motorhomes please?
Yes, there is. They diverted me into a 'large vehicle area' even though my VW isn't any bigger than most modern estate cars. They have two large car parks. The second is a bit further from the entrance, but there's more space for big motorhomes.

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
How long before the event does booking open, sounds like one to watch out for. Been there once before in a cold November Day, very moving.

OP
OP
Tonks
Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
How long before the event does booking open, sounds like one to watch out for. Been there once before in a cold November Day, very moving.
I bought my tickets in mid-September, so I'd probably check end Aug/early September for 2022.
I've also been there on a 'normal' day and it was wonderful. I'd like to go back, perhaps a summer visit next time!

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
Yes, there is. They diverted me into a 'large vehicle area' even though my VW isn't any bigger than most modern estate cars. They have two large car parks. The second is a bit further from the entrance, but there's more space for big motorhomes.
That's great. Thank you for the information Tonks I think we'll make it an autumn trip next year

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back