Van Bitz Growler Beeping once when turned on (1 Viewer)

Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
Hi

Have just turned my Growler on and Beeped loudly once,then settled down, seem to think its a fault somewhere but cant find my manual, have looked online but cant find it.

Had LNB fit electronic braking system last week and I think they triggered the alarm when they disconected the battery, even though the alarm was off, anyone got any ideas how to reset as I don't want it going off tonight now im home>
Thanks

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Itā€™s got to be one of the lockers doors. Have you accidentally knocked one of the blocks that make the connection ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
if its what i think it is i.e. a locker or magnetic block out of position it should not be a problem setting of the alarm.

the loud sound you hear when you arm is to warn you you have left something open / insecure. if you do nothing it will ignore that circuit.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I`m guessing, but we had a "stikeback" on the last R-V. It could be telling you that one of the sensors is not working. Some systems do that, they ignore the non working sensor and set the alarm ensuring that at least some protection is on.?. The codes should be in your (missing) manual.

OP
OP
Charlie9038
Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
if its what i think it is i.e. a locker or magnetic block out of position it should not be a problem setting of the alarm.

the loud sound you hear when you arm is to warn you you have left something open / insecure. if you do nothing it will ignore that circuit.
Thanks all the doors are shut will have a proper look tomorrow at the sensors, just hope it does'nt go off tonight, but like you say it will ignore that circuit.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
I have a manual in my sticky mit.

During the 25 sec set up period you can activate the doors, lockers etc and a flash of the indicators will show if that particular system is working properly. The 25 secs is also reset. That could show you if one of the systems is faulty. It also says it ignores any faulty system so as to get some protection.
Iā€™ll keep reading and let you know if I discover anything

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
It says that turning on the system with a fault detected will result in four beeps and two flashes. One beep seems to be a mystery except when disarming the alarm when an attack has occurred. It will beep once and flash once then.

Its unlikely it will sound tonight so a call to Vanbitz tomorrow.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back