Using Fiamma awning side wall clips on a UK-handed pvc (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I often open out the awning about a metre or so to keep the sun (or rain) off the side of the van. I recently parked on an aires opposite one of our members with a similar pvc whose accommodation side door was on the right hand, as it was a German van. He had the awning opened out and the struts attached to the Fiamma wall clips on the van side. I cannot do this on ours with the normal UK left side accommodation door because the fuel flap is in the way. Fitting any higher, it would not be so useful.

For mine, the rear is no problem. I think the only reasonable place for the front clip would be fixed on the plastic side protector below the fuel flap. Obviously there is metal behind, but short of just screwing through the plastic trim, which seems to be hollow and therefore unsafe, I cannnot fathom out a way to securely fix through it. Has one of our members achieved this magic trick?

Nov 10, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Started in 2013
I have mine fitted just above the fuel flap, works just fine. With legs at their shortest it allows the awning to be out around 1mt.

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
Our front leg support is fitted to the metal body just below the fuel flap. Ours are Thule ones. You cannot open the fuel flap if you leave the top of the support in it’s open position, the fit is perfect though. We use ours a lot if it is raining to keep the rain out, do’nt open it more than a couple of feet as the wind could take it.
We have used it today as there has been a gale blowing at Corfe Castle where we were until lunch time when we left.
We use our clip/support brackets for our Roll Out Thule windbreak that clips into them, the front one is quite low so we just tie a piece of cord to the front passenger door handle just to be safe.

BernieT

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I fixed mine below the plastic trim.
5B529AD4-26D4-4B7A-BF0B-A2262D366903.jpeg

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
Lumpy, I missed your bit whilst having my tea, I was going to fit a second one where you have to locate our Thule Roll Out windbreak but it would’nt look right if we sold thee van without the windbreak.

BernieT

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Was there not a post about a stick on clip for just such an event?

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Unfortunately not possible as motorhome is in storage and will be for the foreseeable future.

However all is not lost, as I know Jewellbags has just purchased a set any may be able to give you a photo of them in use.

OP
OP
Dorwyn
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
It was my post on an earlier thread

I use these and the footplate of the awning leg slots into the suction pad 'd' ring, secured with a 'R' clip.

Works well for me👍.

Amazon product ASIN B07WFJVNC5
They do look interesting, but not sure it would work for me, still nowhere to place them as I have vinyl stripes along the van at half height. But could be useful elsewhere!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back