Apr 2, 2019
England, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Arto 88EK
Exp
Since 2005
Hi

I had a problem today with water leaking from under the bathroom sink. On closer inspection it looked like the cold water pipe was not fully engaged with the base of the tap. Turning off the water pump stopped the leak.
I'm assuming these are push fit connections, I managed to push the cold water pipe very firmly into the connection at the bottom of the tap. However it still doesn't look fully engaged as can be seen from the picture (compared to the hot water pipe). Do I just need to push it in harder somehow or should it push in easily?

3E689239-A5A6-45F5-80EE-A5282EFFBA5F.jpeg

Van is Niesmann Arto 2021. Thanks.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I'm assuming these are push fit connections, I managed to push the cold water pipe very firmly into the connection at the bottom of the tap. However it still doesn't look fully engaged as can be seen from the picture (compared to the hot water pipe). Do I just need to push it in harder somehow or should it push in easily?
Those are ferrule connectors (crimped) as Andy says you can get the tap connectors out by removing the blue pin.
If it is leaking around the tap connector it may just need new O rings you will see them when you get the connectors out. If the pipe connection is leaking cut off the ferrule cut the pipe back and refit with a jubbile clip.

OP
OP
Henry Walpole
Apr 2, 2019
England, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Arto 88EK
Exp
Since 2005
The green bit you can see between the two pipes is pipe locking pin. So I would pull the pin out, shove the pipe in, and then replace the pin.
Many thanks Landy Andy I did exactly as you suggested and it worked it treat, cheers!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back