Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Hmm. Exactly what we live in - BUT!! - nowhere to stash things or even 'house' visitors hence in inclement weather, airers are in the hall. Then when it's dry and you put the washing away there's nowhere to stash the airer ..... or the vacuum cleaner etc. It's limiting!

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Hmm. Exactly what we live in - BUT!! - nowhere to stash things or even 'house' visitors hence in inclement weather, airers are in the hall. Then when it's dry and you put the washing away there's nowhere to stash the airer ..... or the vacuum cleaner etc. It's limiting!
I have wondered if people in flats or a 1 bed bungalow have higher electric use as they might use a tumble dryer more to get stuff away quicker.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2017
Southampton
Funster No
MH
AT tracker 2002
Exp
On n off fer years
We’ve been in our one bed flat for 13 yrs, ground floor with small rear garden. tumble drier in the shed, van and car parked in the street. Relatives live in a 12 ft x 40ft mobile home and cope ok. we use the washing line weather permitting.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
We had to down size, we only use the east wing now :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I have wondered if people in flats or a 1 bed bungalow have higher electric use as they might use a tumble dryer more to get stuff away quicker.
We had a tumble dryer as it was a wedding present from when we got married but it was very expensive to run so we soon ditched it and just used clothes horses/pull out drying line inside and hung outside weather permitting.

Now we hang stuff out if we can but in our study we have one of the old fashioned ceiling mounted dryer racks on pullies that we put the washing on, pull it up to the ceiling, then use a dehumidifier to gently dry it all. It works a treat, doesn't damage the clothes as a tumble dryer can, doesn't have to be 'checked' all the time (auto shut off if full) and costs a lot less to run, it also means that the damp air is removed which, unless you have an externally vented tumble dryer, is still within the home and can cause condensation. The ceiling rack is the one thing I'd regret not being able to take with me when we eventually move so when I saw one (just the metal parts) at a car boot sale I snaffled it as a spare, I'll just add the timber battens when its installed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back