Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 13, 2023
Harpenden, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail tracker
Exp
40 years
Morning all. Have had my 2015 autotrail tracker from new, love it. Over 50,000 miles all over Europe with no problems. Just back from The Netherlands but this time the uconnect sat nav time still shows 1 hour ahead whereas it always resets when back home. When looking at the actual satellites data in the menu it shows correct time,but display shows 1 hour on. I can manually change it but have never had to before. Any ideas?

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
🤞it could be a random event.
How persistent is the 1hr offset? As in, how many trips has it been wrong since?

My SatNav & GPSr time errors have been rare.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
chrometeeth
Jan 13, 2023
Harpenden, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail tracker
Exp
40 years
🤞it could be a random event.
How persistent is the 1hr offset? As in, how many trips has it been wrong since?

My SatNav & GPSr time errors have been rare.
First time it as ever happened. Tom tom support keep telling me to update maps,they don't understand the problem. As soon as I set it to sync time it jumps one hour ahead and therefore changes time on dash as well.

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
I would suggest you disconnect the sat navigation, re-set the vehicle clock, re-set the radio clock, restart the sat nav and it should sync.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
chrometeeth
Jan 13, 2023
Harpenden, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail tracker
Exp
40 years
Thanks for idea,but how can I disconnect the built in sat nav apart from pulling fuse?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Thanks for idea,but how can I disconnect the built in sat nav apart from pulling fuse?
Oops! That’ll foil you.
Unless you can identify a fuse yy

Maybe a factory reset. 🤷‍♂️

Have you looked at the SatNav setup menus for any clock/time setting for using local time or manual time, etc.

Upvote 0

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Also, you’ll run out of free posts at 5!
Subscribe for unlimited posts & discounts that’ll typically save you more that the subs fee

Upvote 0
OP
OP
chrometeeth
Jan 13, 2023
Harpenden, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail tracker
Exp
40 years
Yes ,can reset manually,so not so bad . But just have never had to do that in seven years , wherever we are. Just hoping for easy solution. Worried that a factory reset will lose map updates as well and go back 7 tears.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
chrometeeth
Jan 13, 2023
Harpenden, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail tracker
Exp
40 years
Also, you’ll run out of free posts at 5!
Subscribe for unlimited posts & discounts that’ll typically save you more that the subs fee
Well,tried pulling fuse etc and no joy. Another reply from Tom Tom says that can't help with this sort of problem....thanks very much!.Oh well, will just have to reset manually when traveling abroad and BST. Thanks for suggestions anyway.

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Forte
Exp
10years
Perhaps a silly question but have you used the UConnect sat nav since coming back into the UK. If its last location(sat lock on) was Holland then it may think it's in that time zone. Hit the sat button on the dash to load it and it will look to lock on and perhaps correct the time zone.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
chrometeeth
Jan 13, 2023
Harpenden, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail tracker
Exp
40 years
Not silly but,yes switched on as we came off ferry. That was when I realised time was wrong. Had to change manually since then

Upvote 0
Jul 30, 2015
Barnsley, South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail, Tracker FB
Exp
45 yrs Tugging
Hi Late Starting here we also have a 2015 Auto trail tracker with a uconnect sat nav radio unit I tried to update this unit as per inst in book even buying a bigger memory stick for the purpose but it did not work Can you please tell me how you managed to do your updates
as I tried for a while and got nowhere hoping you might be able to help me update ours.
many thanks in anticipation of a helpful reply.
Late Starting aka Cliff from Barnsley phone number sent by PM

Upvote 0

Bob01346

Free Member
Mar 12, 2023
Aberdeenshire, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail TrackerEK
Exp
Ex caravanner Motorhomer since 2022
Hi Late Starting, I managed to update my Tom Tom Uconnect with the latest European maps. It cost £85 from the Tom Tom website. You need a large capacity flash drive, I bought a 32Gb one which did the trick. You need to go to the website and create an account then go to 'Products' - 'Maps and services' - 'Updates' But the relevant update and download it onto your laptop then transfer it to the flash drive. Once on the flash drive you need to plug it into the USB slot on the device in the cab after switching it on and selecting update maps. Just follow the instructions on the screen and it will be dowloaded onto the device. It's a messy way to have to do it but the only way I'm afraid. The Uconnect handbook gives a lot of help. Hope this is of help.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
chrometeeth
Jan 13, 2023
Harpenden, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail tracker
Exp
40 years
Hi Late Starting, I managed to update my Tom Tom Uconnect with the latest European maps. It cost £85 from the Tom Tom website. You need a large capacity flash drive, I bought a 32Gb one which did the trick. You need to go to the website and create an account then go to 'Products' - 'Maps and services' - 'Updates' But the relevant update and download it onto your laptop then transfer it to the flash drive. Once on the flash drive you need to plug it into the USB slot on the device in the cab after switching it on and selecting update maps. Just follow the instructions on the screen and it will be dowloaded onto the device. It's a messy way to have to do it but the only way I'm afraid. The Uconnect handbook gives a lot of help. Hope this is of help.
Thanks for info , but just acquired a year old TomTom that's programmable for vehicle size as well so trying that out over next few weeks as now sitting at Newhaven awaiting ferry to Dieppe for long drive to Spain . So will see how I get on with it,if not will up date dash sat nav.👍🛳️

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Point the van south with a good view to the horizon.
(I high hill or better still a high cliff on the south coast)
Switch on the GPS, radio and anything else connected to it.
And then leave it stationary and alone for an hour or two.

We have a Zenec head unit.
They are well known for forgetting where and when they are.
Got this tip from a fellow Zenec owner, and we found it works, we have to do it at least twice a year.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back