Tyre Pressure advice (1 Viewer)

Mar 4, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Our 2007 Ducato based Autotrail Cheyenne 632SE has Continental 215/70 R15C tyres with a specified maximum load rating of 69psi cold.
After purchasing the MH from a dealership in February I checked the pressures at home and found that they were up to 74 - 75psi all round which I thought odd given the rating.
Anyway since then we have loaded up as we would to travel and taken it to the local weigh bridge to check all is within limits, which it was (not a great deal to spare though).
Having trawled through many sites I came to the conclusion, rightly or wrongly to go with 60psi at the front and 65psi rear.
Our axle loadings were 1620kg front and 1840kg rear.
I would be very grateful for any input from anyone with a similar MH set up as to what they inflate to.

Thanks all.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I have an AT Dakota and have Michelin Agils and run at 80psi all round, as the good book and AT stickers tells me 👍🏻

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Go to the Continental Web site and input your data. If you also have your true axle weights (weighbridge) that will help. They advise the correct pressures based on your data. We have 5.5bar on all corners in the handbook. Continental advised 3.83 front and 5.5 rear based on our data. It improved the ride quality no end. Good luck and safe travels.

Upvote 0
Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
We have an Autotrail Apache and run at 4.7bar front and 5.0bar rear so about 68psi and 72psi respectively. When the MoHo has full sun on one side the pressures can rise by 0.3-0.4 bar, when running our tyrepal TPM tells me they get up to 0.6 or so more bar on each tyre and heat up to around 35 degrees C. Our Apache weighs about the same as your Cheyenne. We have Kumho tyres on 15” rims but can’t remember what type.

Cheers,

Russ

Upvote 0
May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Our 2007 Ducato based Autotrail Cheyenne 632SE has Continental 215/70 R15C tyres with a specified maximum load rating of 69psi cold.
After purchasing the MH from a dealership in February I checked the pressures at home and found that they were up to 74 - 75psi all round which I thought odd given the rating.
Anyway since then we have loaded up as we would to travel and taken it to the local weigh bridge to check all is within limits, which it was (not a great deal to spare though).
Having trawled through many sites I came to the conclusion, rightly or wrongly to go with 60psi at the front and 65psi rear.
Our axle loadings were 1620kg front and 1840kg rear.
I would be very grateful for any input from anyone with a similar MH set up as to what they inflate to.

Thanks all.
Those pressures sound good to me.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D
Mar 4, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
We have an Autotrail Apache and run at 4.7bar front and 5.0bar rear so about 68psi and 72psi respectively. When the MoHo has full sun on one side the pressures can rise by 0.3-0.4 bar, when running our tyrepal TPM tells me they get up to 0.6 or so more bar on each tyre and heat up to around 35 degrees C. Our Apache weighs about the same as your Cheyenne. We have Kumho tyres on 15” rims but can’t remember what type.

Cheers,

Russ
Hi Russ

I have been studying the Conti tech sheets and you are spot on mate, many thanks and I will be adjusting up slightly before we go off again.

Also thanks to everyone who replied. Stay safe.

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Although actual axle weights are the best guide, if you cant get that I always assume maximum according to the weight plate. Weighbridges around here always seem booked up and cost an arm and a leg. Where I used to live there was one at the local tip which was free if you didnt need a printout.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back