Trying fridge on gas (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I have never tried my fridge on gas until today but the igniter doesn't seem to be kicking in. Works fine on power and all other gas appliances are fine. It's on my old Talbot Express.

Here's a pic of the control panel, can anyone give me a checklist to try tomorrow to see if I can figure it out?

2a50xev.jpg

The red switch doesn't light up at all and no clicking. I have been told I should just need to turn the red switch to on - then turn the knob to 3 and push in - this should tell the igniter to start. Does this sound correct?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
You will need to make sure the 12v electrics are switched on as well.(y)(y)(y)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The red switch is your ignitor.
Turn the right hand rocker to off if you're on hookup. (center position)
Make sure your 12v hab system is turned on.
Turn the left dial to 3 then press and hold the bottom of the red switch until it turns red.
Hold for 20 seconds (you may have to push the knob in as well for 20 secs, can't remember) then release, it should remain lit.
If it goes out the gas has gone out and you need to wait a few minutes then repeat.

Thats how I remember mine working.
If you never used it it may need a clean and service before it works

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Not sure in your case but worth a check, I’m sure someone on the forum will be along with a bit more knowledge about your van than me as I’m not familiar with Talbots.(y)
@Wildbill may know.

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
thanks @pappajohn I think I've got the starting process worked out but my problem seems to be that the igniter switch aint clicking or lighting up red.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
@monzer check the wiring at back of switch I have known the spades to come off if not trace wiring and check for any brakes if not try a continuity check on wiring
bill

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
thanks @pappajohn I think I've got the starting process worked out but my problem seems to be that the igniter switch aint clicking or lighting up red.
From memory it will only be lit when the gas is lit... It doubles as an indicator when the gas is lit.
If it ain't lit neither is the gas.
As for clicking, the switch doesn't click, that's the job of the ignitor board which may be deep down at the back of the fridge and wont be audible..... Only the spark may be heard but that's doubtful.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back