May 20, 2021
Devon
Funster No
MH
Choachbuilt
Exp
Since 2001
Hello everyone,

I have query regarding the Trumatic S3002 space heater in my recently purchased 2004 Autosleepers Nuevo motorhome.

I was lighting the heater on gas at the weekend and for a few seconds it struggled to stay lit, and the flame blew out several times - probably due to some air in the gas pipe, which is not unexpected after a change of gas cylinder etc. After a couple of attempts it stayed lit and has been working fine since. However, I noticed after the first failed attempt that there was a brief smell of exhaust fumes from the heater, which I found a bit worrying. Since then, it has worked fine and I have not smelled anything amiss.

Should I be worried? I thought these heaters were sealed, so I don't understand how there can ever be any combustion smells. The van did have a full habitation service when I bought it three weeks ago (and I have fitted a brand new carbon monoxide alarm in the van!).

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
N

nuevo54

Free Member
May 20, 2021
Devon
Funster No
MH
Choachbuilt
Exp
Since 2001
Quick update... I tried the heater again today, and had the same problem with the flame constantly going out. I now realise the flame is going out due to the wind blowing back down the flue - it's pretty gusty out there today! I think the slight smell was probably due to a brief puff of exhaust gas blowing back out the air inlet.

I've now read that blowing out in the wind is a common problem, and can possibly be solved by fitting a Truma flue extension on the roof (now ordered). Hopefully this will sort the problem in future!

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Great that you've got it sorted(y) and well done for coming back and updating, so few do.:(
We had an S3002 in our caravan and, yes, we on occasions experienced similar issues.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back