Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Last November in Portugal I thought the first gas bottle was lasting a long time, 28 days and it not changed over. Normally a 14 kg/ 28 Lt bottle lasts us 15 to 18 days.

When I checked the bottles the regulator had changed over to the 2nd bottle and the 2nd bottle was nearly empty. The regulator had changed over but the indicator on the “C Remote” had not changed to indicate the 2nd bottle was in use.

On the top of the regulator there is a pin that moves up or down depending which bottle is in use. The when up pushes against a micro switch inside the “clip on” plastic cap. This is what switches the LED's on the display panel inside the van.

There is also a small window which shows green when the primary bottle is in operation and changes to red when the secondary bottle is in use. The widow on mine was showing half red, half green as the pin was not moving the full distance.

Recently had the regulator replaced under warranty. I don't know if it was just a faulty regulator or it was the effect of oily residue in the gas gumming it up.

Now that the Truma filters have come down to a sensible price (£40 each were £70) I decided to fit a couple. I fitted the Gas-it filters to my last van they were as good as useless, the Truma ones are a far better product and having examined them they look like they should work well.
With the regulators costing 200 quid I thought it was a worth while investment.

I also bought a couple for my mate, when I went over to fit them to his 9 month old Carthago, guess what – I noticed the same problem. Does make it look more lightly to be a faulty regulator.

The faulty regulator.
P1150734.JPG

New regulator with filters.
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Lenny, exactly the same happened to me with the regulator stuck half way and depleting both bottles! I was just inside warranty and they replaced it, with all the usual initial squeals about filters. Mine factory installed from new. I now carry complete spare! The new Morelo has a tank, so my spare Truma will be up for sale soon!

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Looks like a common problem then. My warranty ran out on 13th March told the dealer about in Feb and they changed it without question when I went in, in late March. I always carry a bottle top regulator and connector hose for insurance.

I hadn't bothered too much about filters in the past with filters at £70 and I though the regulator was about £120 but now having had a problem and that particular regulator being a lot dearer thought it worthwhile. Cheapest I've found that regulator is £170 online and seen it in my dealers at €237.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
How much do you want for it?
Once I have driven the Flair in for PX and not at further failure risk and therefore need I will go through all the inappropriate spares and work out prices etc. So probably end May.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Malibu 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2006

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.