Truma Frost/Drain Valve Leaking (1 Viewer)

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Looking for some help with my Truma frost valve. We went away in the Motorhome for Easter and because we were on a sloping site I had the rear end up high. While sat out I noticed water coming from the Truma drain pipe and when the tap was turned on this became quite substantial.
Have tried reseating valve a few times but it is making no difference.
013.JPG

My question is can these valves be stripped down and if so how do you remove those pipe clips, they look a bit of a pig to remove and the valve is not that easy to work round.
Even if I fit a new valve I still have to remove those pipe clips.
Hope someone can help out.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Clips are 'single use only' and need to be cut off... side cutters may do the job .. if not and there is enough slack in the pipe.. cut off

I doubt the valve has any user serviceable parts.. so new valve and new worm drive hose clips..

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Not familiar with the valve but the clips will be useless after they have been removed Unless you have the right tools.
Cant quite see from the photo but they are either an s type which need to be squeezed to force both parts past each other and then leavered apart with a small screwdriver, or an endless band that are fixed by a Pincer like tool griping each side of the raised part Again a small screwdriver into the crimp to force it apart.
If u have sufficient loose pipe it would probably be easier to cut the pipe and remove the whole thing clips an all.
A couple of good old fashioned jubilie clips needed to put it back together.

Edit great minds think alike some type faster than others

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back