Truma Combi E dead (1 Viewer)

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Would it be possible to check if any of the pins at the knob control end of the data cable are reading any voltage on a multi meter to check if it is receiving power from the boiler PCB data cable socket, to the switching/control knobs, needed for their illumination etc.

OP
OP
SeanF1
Dec 3, 2021
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
6m Campervan
Would it be possible to check if any of the pins at the knob control end of the data cable are reading any voltage on a multi meter to check if it is receiving power from the boiler PCB data cable socket, to the switching/control knobs, needed for their illumination etc.
That's a good question. Presumably two of the pins carry current and the rest data, but I have no idea which ones? Wouldn't want to cause a short. Any ideas đź’ˇ?

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
The PCB can be removed and sent for testing if required www.arelectronics.co.uk can do this testing and I think may be able to check the controls as well. (they may also be able to help with which pins on the data cable can be checked for voltage) They do also say they can discuss with you about your problem on 01543 579302

Last edited:
OP
OP
SeanF1
Dec 3, 2021
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
6m Campervan
The PCB can be removed and sent for testing if required www.arelectronics.co.uk can do this testing and I think may be able to check the controls as well. (they may also be able to help with which pins on the data cable can be checked for voltage) They do also say they can discuss with you about your problem on 01543 579302
That's brilliant. Thank you

OP
OP
SeanF1
Dec 3, 2021
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
6m Campervan
Just to close off this thread, the issue is now found and the Truma 6E is restored to life.
Following GeoffnDee's advice above (thank you Geoff) I removed the PCB and sent it to A&R Electronic Developments in Cannock (link above). They diagnosed a failed Crystal on the PCB.
Repaired, tested and returned to me within 3 days and all now working as it should.
The repair cost ÂŁ95 plus postage. I had a new PCB quoted to me at ÂŁ345 so I'm a happy bunny.
Would highly recommend A&R. I dealt with Richard who was most helpful.
All that's left to do now is put most of my MH garage back together again.:LOL:
Thank you all for your suggestions and help.
Kind regards
Sean

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have exactly the same problem. 12v on the board and 12v to the switches, fuses fine. It was working and suddenly stopped. It's booked into AMC Motorhomes on Wednesday so will see how it goes.

OP
OP
SeanF1
Dec 3, 2021
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
6m Campervan
I have exactly the same problem. 12v on the board and 12v to the switches, fuses fine. It was working and suddenly stopped. It's booked into AMC Motorhomes on Wednesday so will see how it goes.
Likely to be a PCB problem like I had. Best of luck with it.

garethdphillips

Free Member
Apr 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
na
We just experienced the exact same, heating and water was working, suddenly all lights went out on the panel and it’s now dead. I have 12v to the pcb , and the little fuse is ok. Appears to be the exact same fault. Is that what is was in the end for you?

garethdphillips

Free Member
Apr 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
na
Just to close off this thread, the issue is now found and the Truma 6E is restored to life.
Following GeoffnDee's advice above (thank you Geoff) I removed the PCB and sent it to A&R Electronic Developments in Cannock (link above). They diagnosed a failed Crystal on the PCB.
Repaired, tested and returned to me within 3 days and all now working as it should.
The repair cost ÂŁ95 plus postage. I had a new PCB quoted to me at ÂŁ345 so I'm a happy bunny.
Would highly recommend A&R. I dealt with Richard who was most helpful.
All that's left to do now is put most of my MH garage back together again.:LOL:
Thank you all for your suggestions and help.
Kind regards
Sean
Thanks for sharing all your info / experiences. Is the pcb easy to remove? Ie can it come out with just the inspection cover off, or is there much more disassembly requested?

Thanks

OP
OP
SeanF1
Dec 3, 2021
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
6m Campervan
Hi there. Yes it is easy to remove. There are three(I think) cable plugs to remove and the pcb itself is just clipped in. Remember the orientation of the cables and you won't have any problem

garethdphillips

Free Member
Apr 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
na
Hi there. Yes it is easy to remove. There are three(I think) cable plugs to remove and the pcb itself is just clipped in. Remember the orientation of the cables and you won't have any problem
Thanks! Is the removal possible with just the initial inspection cover removed? Or does the larger side pannel need to come away (which appears to have torx screws)

OP
OP
SeanF1
Dec 3, 2021
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
6m Campervan
A few pics I took when removing the pcb. HTH

20230102_130819.jpg 20230102_130623.jpg 20230102_130441.jpg

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
It's sometimes the case if you are to zealous with the number of resets and button pushing you do, the system has a hissy fit and shuts down, and continues to sulk for at least 15m, which is absolutely forever when you're frustrated and waiting. It may well be that overnight it has worked through any issues it had, gave itself a damn good talking too and is now ready for duty, all present and correct. Our's did that once when we we're away, I [ yes me patient Mike, in case Mrs BBF catches sight of this thread] now give it longer before prodding and antagonizing it, it has the power to make any trip a misery.
Good luck.
Mike.

garethdphillips

Free Member
Apr 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
na
It's sometimes the case if you are to zealous with the number of resets and button pushing you do, the system has a hissy fit and shuts down, and continues to sulk for at least 15m, which is absolutely forever when you're frustrated and waiting. It may well be that overnight it has worked through any issues it had, gave itself a damn good talking too and is now ready for duty, all present and correct. Our's did that once when we we're away, I [ yes me patient Mike, in case Mrs BBF catches sight of this thread] now give it longer before prodding and antagonizing it, it has the power to make any trip a misery.
Good luck.
Mike.
Thanks. The thing is my whole panel was dead, no led or signs of life, and no sign of life from the pcb itself, though I did test 12v at the wires. Anyhow, all good at the moment

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We just experienced the exact same, heating and water was working, suddenly all lights went out on the panel and it’s now dead. I have 12v to the pcb , and the little fuse is ok. Appears to be the exact same fault. Is that what is was in the end for you?
Apologies for delay. The problem was a break in the data cable between the boiler and the controls new cable fully functional.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back