Travel from tier one to tier two campsite ? (1 Viewer)

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Booked to go away for New Year . Are we allowed to travel and stay in a tier two if living in tier one ?

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Of course you can travel from a medium to a high alert area and back to a medium alert area. Its not as if the area analysis is done for any reason.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
By new year its unlikely anyone will be allowed to travel anywhere.:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
No, he was correct.

If you are in Tier 2 and you move to tier one, you have to follow tier 2 rules in tier 1 area.
Yes I was answering the question Tier1 going to Tier2 so you follow Tier2 rules not your own Tier1, Tier2 going to Tier1 yes you follow your own rules so basically you follow the higher more stringent rules going either way.

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
We had our booking cancelled for New Year cancelled yesterday. we are Tier 2 going to a Tier 2 site.
I wonder why they have cancelled it . I thought they could stay open in tier 2 ?

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
They were in Tier 3 until Thursday, but they dropped into 2 and confirmed that they would be able to open. However this was the email I got from them yesterday after the BJ show. Guess they dont want to encourage travel, which is the right thing in the circumstances.

Dear Guest

Following the announcement from PM Boris Johnson this afternoon, and the advice for everyone countrywide to stay local and not travel for the time being, we have taken the decision to keep the campsite closed to discourage travel.

I’m sure you can appreciate this decision has not been made lightly – we have been closed already for almost 5 months this year, much of that time in our busiest seasons with Christmas and beyond being almost fully booked, however to get rid of this awful disease we believe we all need to do our bit to stay at home.

We will look to now reopen in the New Year 2021 by the 5th January, however we shall see what the updated announcement is on the 30th December, and we shall be cancelling all bookings up to this date and refunding back to your original payment card.

We are sorry this is not better news, however we would like to wish you all a Happy and Healthy Christmas and New Year.

Kind regards

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Simples ask Boris.

Sep 4, 2020
Chester
Funster No
MH
Hymer S630
Exp
Since 2018
Well our booking in Tier 2 for tomorrow still appears to be OK (we are in Tier 2 also)

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
By new year its unlikely anyone will be allowed to travel anywhere.:(
Certainly the case for Scotland from the 26th for at least three weeks
Not got any plans to go anywhere anyway other than perhaps give the van a run
Did a twenty mile loop this morning which will do till at least January

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
C&CC have kept open their tier 1 and 2 England sites (that had extended 2020 or all year opening). Anything tier 3 - 4 is closed, Wales has nothing, What remains in Scotland will be closing by the 26th. The tier 1 & 2 sites won't accept anyone from a tier 3 or 4 area, and even then the bubble type stuff has gone and no visitors. More or less it's a case of hunker down everyone and hope we are allowed out by the spring.

GirlyVanGirly

Free Member
Nov 21, 2020
Beside the Seaside, beside the Sea! East Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
18 months
Possibly too many of the Unclean 🛀from Tier Four causing the owners hassle.
I, sadly, am now in Tier 4, I have not been anywhere since March, I have no intention of going anywhere either. I will not be seeing anyone, not even my children over Christmas, I have not seen my son since last Christmas, his first child is due in January and I doubt I will ever see his child, my first grandchild. Being called 'unclean' is very upsetting. :crying1:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I, sadly, am now in Tier 4, I have not been anywhere since March, I have no intention of going anywhere either. I will not be seeing anyone, not even my children over Christmas, I have not seen my son since last Christmas, his first child is due in January and I doubt I will ever see his child, my first grandchild. Being called 'unclean' is very upsetting. :crying1:

Girly,
Because you are not going anywhere, you cannot be grouped in the hoards who were seen, large suitcases in hand fleeing the Capital like rats fleeing a ship just in order to circumvent the soon to be restrictions.
No offence was meant to the millions who decided to play??? by the rules.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back