Transferring 35mm Slides to Digital (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
I'm finally planning to bite the bullet and transfer a large number of slides taken over the years since the mid sixties on, or is it into, digital. Could anyone suggest a good quality piece of kit that will do the job well. Many thanks in advance.

Roger

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Dorset Diver ...... I bought one of these. Fairly easy to set up and good scans/results.
One thing to be aware of, once youve transfered all your slides to digital you'll not need the scanner any more, this has been the same for others therefore they are fairly easy to get second hand.

I bought mine from ebay (not this model), transfered all the negatives and slides to digital and then sold it on ebay again for ÂŁ11 more than I paid.

Just make sure you store your digital files safely.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 10, 2011
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B584
Exp
Since 2010
Do you still have a projector and screen? If so you can set it up with a digital camera on a tripod and take photos of the screen. Pretty quick once set up and you can pick and chose which ones to keep.
Quality is acceptable.

OP
OP
Dorset Diver
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Do you still have a projector and screen? If so you can set it up with a digital camera on a tripod and take photos of the screen. Pretty quick once set up and you can pick and chose which ones to keep.
Quality is acceptable.
Thanks. Gave that a try but the quality was not to my liking.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I do have an old Nikon scanner which at the time was the b's knees, or whatever the expression is. I see you're South Somerset, don't know how far you are from me (well, I am far away at the mo but won't be at the weekend). I'd be happy to loan it to you, if u like it you could make an offer. I'm not sure how much scanners have advanced recently, mind, but this was expensive.

OP
OP
Dorset Diver
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Dorwyn Thanks for your offer. I'm in Yeovil but off touring tomorrow for a while. If it is okay I will contact you when we get back.

Cheers

Roger

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Yes, that's fine. I'm just thinking I need to check the connections on it. Not sure if it has usb!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back