Trailer present id pin 12 on 13 pin plug (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Recently my 13 pin plug unscrewed itself (only used 6 times) and dissconected my toad from van (electrically only mechanically still attached so breakaway cable not in use ). since the braking is electronic it relies on a signal from the van. No connection no car braking. We were lucky and were travelling on a 50mph restricted part of a dual carriageway and a motorist pulled alongside wound window down gesticulated and i stopped at next lay by. Damage too great to repair quickly so Wife drove car home. New cable on my doorstep within 18 hours of phone call.
So that's why the next question.
Does a 2017 ducato have trailer present software in the ecu? If so How does it work?
Pin 12 is normally unused but can be connected to the pin 3 earth to enable trailer present software, even is the cable there.
In the towing electrics manual there is no reference to pin 12 being wired.
If it's not connected to anything i will quite happlily rig up my own trailer reconignition system. (Cabin powered Led with cable to rear connected via pin 12 to pin 3 earth on toad. No wire no connection no earth no led)

OP
OP
the1andonly
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Found a chart in the tow manual that state size of cable to each pin . No cable in pin 12. Check socket, no pin let alone connected to anything. So ive answered my own questions, almost. Is there a known way to setup trailer recognition?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back