Tow Car Indicators Not Working When Hooked Up To Van (1 Viewer)

TOAD on Tour

Free Member
Nov 7, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
VW Grand California
Exp
Since 2020
Hi all - we are currently on a site near Chichester and drove up to the New Forest from home on Sunday towing our Kia Picanto, all electrics etc. Worked fine when we left home. On Monday when we connected the car back up, neither indicators work (the work fine when not hooked up to the van). I’ve sprayed the connectors (13 pin electrics) with cleaner, but still they do not work. I also now know it is the van electrics as I hooked the car up to a neighbouring tuggers car and all the lights, indicators worked fine. Anybody got any basic (I van barely change a light bulb) suggestions on what I may be able to check? we Go home on Sunday….many thanks as always 😁

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
There may be a seperate fuse for the hazard warning lights. As a test, Try plugging back in and turn on the vans hazards.
If there is a seperate fuse (there might not be) there's a possibility the cars lights will also flash.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

TOAD on Tour

Free Member
Nov 7, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
VW Grand California
Exp
Since 2020
There may be a seperate fuse for the hazard warning lights. As a test, Try plugging back in and turn on the vans hazards.
If there is a seperate fuse (there might not be) there's a possibility the cars lights will also flash.
Thanks pappajohn, the indicators work fine on the van, but not on the tow car when connected up to the van.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks pappajohn, the indicators work fine on the van, but not on the tow car when connected up to the van.
OK... As the car lights work on another vehicles tow socket it looks like you have an electrical fault in the 13 pin plug and associated wiring on the van.
Just my opinion but I wouldn't thank you for a 13 pin system.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Simple elimination means that if both vehicles lights, indicators work independently, your issue is only with the connection on the 7 or 13 pin connector.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back