Toilet flush just pleases itself if it flushes..... (1 Viewer)

Biggerthanbefore

Free Member
Jan 23, 2011
North Staffs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1993, on and off.
We have a Neissmann&Bircshoff Arto 69E, Had it for a few months now and love it. Made a few changes, fixed a few bits and bobs etc.
Currently the flush on the toilet is driving me mad with it's pick and choose attitude.
We have a thetford electric flush with a c200 cassette. the flush is fed from the main tank as pressing the flush makes exactly the same motor noise as the other taps.
The previous owner fitted an independant one way valve into the main feed from the tank as the intergrated one on the pump was carp apparently. All the taps work fine once the system has been bled after first water fill with the very occaisional splutter from the hot tap in the kitchen which is not a problem to me. I am familiar with motorhome water systems andhow to fill and bleed the pipes when first filled.

The flush however works fine for a day then just stops producing water for no reason and will refuse to produce water for anything from minutes to hours or days. All the while the motor on the pump is whirring when the button is pressed and it is definatley not making the 'help I'm not in the water' noise.
all the while the regular taps are working fine.
Does anyone have any pointers please?

It will suddenly produce water when pressed after hours of not, even when nothing has changed physically from when it wasn't working.

Cheers

Bodge

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Have you tried removing the additional valve the previous owner installed to see if that makes any difference..
Sounds like the same pump works for the taps etc so whatever non return facility it has seems to work fine on the other systems .
Can't think of much else it could be....
Andy .

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
We have the same motorhome and had a few problems with the flush over the years which have been cured either by poking a thin wire up the flush outlet or this year the outlet pipe had worked loose inside the fresh water tank when i pushed it back the difference in the flush was amazing , our pipe come off completely and we were getting no water at all through , the outlet in the tank is high up and difficult to get your arm bent at the correct angle .
Good Luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
assuming you have a microswitched pump and the pump is coming on when you press the button something must be stopping the water flow i have the same toilet but am on a pressurised water system so i would assume there is a solenoid valve in the toilet this is probably where the problem lies, sound like pressing the flush button is switching the microswitch to run pump but not opening the solenoid every time. you can discount a permanent blockage as its intermitent unless you have a foreign object floating around
the non return valves dont usually stick shut intermiten ly there either stuck open or shut when they fail

OP
OP
Biggerthanbefore

Biggerthanbefore

Free Member
Jan 23, 2011
North Staffs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1993, on and off.
Thank you for the replies folks, I didn't imagine there was all that stuff inside the toilet. I will get a vaccuum thing and a solenoid and swap them both out to make sure.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back