May 5, 2022
Kidsgrove, North Staffordshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B778 PL
Exp
Since 1992
Hello girls and boys.

I have, after much deliberation purchased a DSLR. Number 3 son is well into the photography. As a kid many years ago I would take and develop films in a place under the stairs with a red bulb and trays of developer and fixer. Later in life I bought a 'proper camera' from a mate and the urge kindled again, but also bewilderment. What I had, and still have (with the last bit of film in it) is a Minolta 300x. It has been in a cupboard for years along with a number of lenses, filters and flash gun. I have now forgotten the little that I knew, which was not a lot. I regained the 'urge' when SWMBO took a photo with her Samsung A40 phone of a full moon at the end of August. Dam bl##dy awful (see below)
So in my infinite ignorance, and a little research I have bought a Canon EOS 400D camera, wh9ch seems to be a good starter piece 9f kit.
So far, a bit of frustration. It's not point and squirmed like the phone and getting my head around ISO and stuff again is a mental kick up the a##e. Anyway any tips would be very welcomed and any classes, tutorials etc in the North Staffordshire area would be very much appreciated. Nothing too heavy.

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
One month on P then move to Av, then play. You'll soon learn / remember.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
That’s a shame, most of us have moved to Mirrorless, less weight and easier to use 😝
seriously though, sign up to Canon club search on Google and there is lots of tutorials and information 👍🏻👍🏻👏

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
That’s a shame, most of us have moved to Mirrorless, less weight and easier to use 😝
seriously though, sign up to Canon club search on Google and there is lots of tutorials and information 👍🏻👍🏻👏
mirrorless? that was about 5 years ago.... plus olympus not canon. if u wanna be at least 5 years ago lol....

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
classes/ courses/ try the old college of knowledge further education courses that may exist

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back