Thoughts please on using moly slip in 2001 boxer 2 ltr petrol gearbox? (2 Viewers)

Eribacar

Free Member
Oct 1, 2014
North Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Eriba car, Renault based
Exp
Since 2000
Anyone either done this or have experience, most importantly can it harm it?
Thanks as always Ian

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i personally wouldnt from what ive been told some parts of a gearbox rely on friction and moly might not allow this whats actually the problem with your gearbox? an oil change often helps prolong them

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I'm a Molyslip obsessive. It causes no problems in a gearbox - quite the opposite in fact as you would hope. You would be pushed to find anything I haven't put it in over the years including my lawnmower, hedge cutter, chainsaw, van engine, PAS, and diff. Go for it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
E

Eribacar

Free Member
Oct 1, 2014
North Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Eriba car, Renault based
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks to all, I'll get the oil changed and add moly slip. Real problem, apart from a whine, is that the clutch cable needs adjusting, making gear changing harder, and, believe me, you do a lot of gear changing in a 2 l petrol!!

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Thanks to all, I'll get the oil changed and add moly slip. Real problem, apart from a whine, is that the clutch cable needs adjusting, making gear changing harder, and, believe me, you do a lot of gear changing in a 2 l petrol!!
I had one - you could use a brick as a cruise control. Mine was in an Autoquest. I also had the clutch problem - unfortunately it was gummed-up input shaft splines.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
i personally wouldnt from what ive been told some parts of a gearbox rely on friction and moly might not allow this whats actually the problem with your gearbox? an oil change often helps prolong them

Nothing I know of in a gearbox that’s needs friction to work.

Any idea what the we’re talking about

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back