Thetford cassette toilet thread alert. (1 Viewer)

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Just about to set off on our walk today and the toilet slider broke. Emptied the toilet got my hand in and had a look snapped at the bottom of the screws on the slider bit inside.
I'm sure someone will tell me oh you can get parts for that but you know what no. New cassette required first I tried west country motorhomes who although nice didn't have one in stock yet they did recomend highbridge caravan centre.so arrived at highbridge caravan centre,
Oh dear yes sir we do have those in stock but they are in the parts department which is closed till Monday unbelievable a huge accessory showroom but a thetford cassette is a part and thats locked away in the parts department ha ha ha obviously have made so much money that they can afford to turn away custom.
Quick Internet search and davon caravans at Weston-super-Mare have one "no problem I will put aside for you" plus when I got there any chance of a little discount, cheeky I know, yes sir have 10% off. Thank you.
New cassette fitted and walk started at 1.30 pm.

Now is this the normal Life expectancy of a cassette ?.
Its 2 years 4 months old.

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
That’s exactly where mine broke.

Two of the three screw fixings snapped off from the stub moulded into the cassette.

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
I am not prepared to tempt fate!!!!
You must now feel flushed with acheivment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
" obviously have made so much money that they can afford to turn away custom. "

I understand that the price of their van's (be they motorised or otherwise) reflects this.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Just about to set off on our walk today and the toilet slider broke. Emptied the toilet got my hand in and had a look snapped at the bottom of the screws on the slider bit inside.

Which cassette type do you have?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
an occasional squirt of silicone spray lubricant on the moving parts of the cassette toilet helps avoid this happening again

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Should last for ever as every part can be bought.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
The current models, you can buy the entire mechanism pre built for the cassette. simply slide the top cover part out and use as a lever to turn the mechanism 30 degrees, lift out and replace. It takes 5 minutes and there is no putting your hand inside the cassette needed

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Well done to Davan Caravans and Motorhomes getting you out of the, well put your own word in there.

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
It is usually possible to find the complete blade mechanism on the Bay of Evil for around forty pounds. I have replaced three so far on the two motorhomes we have had.

I have always blamed Jenny for the way she sits down before slamming the blade over breaking the lugs.

The mechanisms are almost half the price of a complete new cassette these days I am sure the first one I bought was only about twenty quid.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back