The saga of the Hartal Door Repair (again) (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I've bored a lot of you with my ongoing saga of the Hartal habitation door on our Bailey 620 Approach.

The central locking stopped working due to the wires snapping where they enter the door at the base. In seeking to rejoin or replace the wires, I took the cover off the door and found that, apart from the broken green wire, the rod link in the lock assembly was loose because of a break in the cream plastic part of the lock assembly marked in the first photo attached.

We managed to tie the rod to the lock assembly with cable ties so we can lock the door manually but, to get a permanent repair, we'll need to get a new lock assembly. Now it transpires that you can buy the entire lock assembly from, amongst others, Prima Leisure (a Bailey parts supplier) for £408. This seems excessive, given that the only broken part is the marked part in the photo. So I would like to know whether there may be a way of fixing the linking rod to the broken lock assembly.

Also, in the second photo is a photo of where the central locking actuator lies,in relation to the lock assembly. The photo used is not from my lock but someone else's post. What I don't know is how the actuator is linked to the lock. There is a hole in the end of the actuator but it isn't obvious from the photo, how this connects to the assembly. Can anyone, with experience of these locks, please enlighten me?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Attachments

• IMG_0958.jpg
    IMG_0958.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_0957.jpg
    IMG_0957.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 263
OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I found the attached picture on the Hartal site. I have marked up what I interpret the picture is showing i.e. the actuator (circled) is connected to the arrowed pin. Any technical minded members concur with this assumption? I'm not good on technical drawings! ?
12_3185__tbl_hligbailey_links.JPG

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
I've bored a lot of you with my ongoing saga of the Hartal habitation door on our Bailey 620 Approach.

The central locking stopped working due to the wires snapping where they enter the door at the base. In seeking to rejoin or replace the wires, I took the cover off the door and found that, apart from the broken green wire, the rod link in the lock assembly was loose because of a break in the cream plastic part of the lock assembly marked in the first photo attached.

We managed to tie the rod to the lock assembly with cable ties so we can lock the door manually but, to get a permanent repair, we'll need to get a new lock assembly. Now it transpires that you can buy the entire lock assembly from, amongst others, Prima Leisure (a Bailey parts supplier) for £408. This seems excessive, given that the only broken part is the marked part in the photo. So I would like to know whether there may be a way of fixing the linking rod to the broken lock assembly.

Also, in the second photo is a photo of where the central locking actuator lies,in relation to the lock assembly. The photo used is not from my lock but someone else's post. What I don't know is how the actuator is linked to the lock. There is a hole in the end of the actuator but it isn't obvious from the photo, how this connects to the assembly. Can anyone, with experience of these locks, please enlighten me?

Many thanks in anticipation.
This is it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back