The future of full timing based in the UK? (1 Viewer)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Not so much wild camping as just off-grid. In the UK we’ve spent lots of time on THSs - cheap way of travelling around the country and often in great locations but minimal facilities. Normally from Easter to mid-October in the UK we’d be off-grid, and the Burstner (and my previous van, the Hobby) have both been kitted out to do this. From the end of October we’d either be in southern Europe and still off-grid or, if in the UK, on hook-up on CMC sites where you can run all the heating and water heating on electric that’s included in the price - and CMC prices are at their lowest. :wink:

Having said that, I’ve done the odd night wild camping ever since I set off solo fulltiming back in 2011. I’d just choose my spots carefully and never had any problems. However I wouldn’t choose to make a career out of wild camping. It’s just something I would do if there wasn’t a suitable THS or CL where I needed to be. With a Strikeback alarm and dead locks on all doors I can honestly say I’ve never been nervous. :Smile:

Dummy question in bound.

What’s a THS 🤔

maz

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I guess they will re wire all the cabling to houses then.

Ohh and mind you don’t trip over the cables in a street of terraced houses 😉😂

Oh well, lets's not do it then. I mean getting water to all those houses, there will be hoses and buckets everywhere, let's stick to the well. We know where we are with the well.

The Lord Squid

Free Member
Dec 28, 2016
The West Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleepers panel van
Exp
since 2017

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Oh well, lets's not do it then. I mean getting water to all those houses, there will be hoses and buckets everywhere, let's stick to the well. We know where we are with the well.

Those services are already there.

Let’s face it they struggle to throw a bit of ducting in for cable tv 🙄

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Houses can’t even have electric boilers in some places I work as the system can’t deal with it, let alone all requiring car charge points.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I personally see the future of land based transport will be micro fusion reactors creating energy to power motors on demand. The small amount of product for the reactor would need replacing after many thousands of miles

science fiction still to some extent, but with modern advances, it won't be far away

Then we will have vehicles that can be truly independent

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back