The corrugated mosquito net sagging (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Has anyone discovered how to revitalise the corrugated mosquito mesh in the roof openings. A strong wind in the summer stretched ours down and requires care now to close it.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I have a sagging problem too :Eeek: (cue trolling from the usual suspects) but not as bad as yours by the sound of it. I just live with it as lucky it is just an annoying OCD thing. I would guess that replacement is the only realistic option

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
That’s a sun blind surely ? The mosi bit is a mesh.

The sun blind is usually thick paper that has a reflective surface on the top side. Can’t see there’s much you can do except replace it ?

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
If you mean the blind that you close at night, then when ours started sagging we removed the blind and on the reflective side used a silver foil tape onto the corrugations to strengthen them. It worked quite well.

If you do mean the actual mesh netting then I'd try ironing them in the first instance, obviously off the vehicle before you start waving the iron near the skylight, it might just work.

The above are referring to the large front skylight.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
rosalan
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Thank you Sandance and others for your ideas. I will find how to remove the blinds, I have three, and attempt to iron them when I have built up enough courage.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back