Thanks For The Help With The Window Reseal! (1 Viewer)

DaveFromBarrow

Free Member
Sep 11, 2020
Aboyne
Funster No
MH
Apache 634
Exp
Since 2020
Thanks to the people who provided help and advice with my window removal and refit job on our 2008 Apache 634.

Removing the window was straightforward, as per the advice, and simply needed elbow grease and patience.

Here's what I found.

1. The window leaked because it was poorly fitted in the first place. There were no packers at the bottom meaning it barely sealed at the top! Here's a short video to show that.

<Broken link removed>

2. I bought a new rubber seal - a fantastic tip from Ian - and decided to use butyl cord for the secondary seal rather than splodge stuff in from a "tube". I used the 6mm cord and it seemed to be perfect as the window felt secure as soon as I offered it up and seated it.

I'm confident the combination of correctly packing and positioning the window, the new rubber seal and butyl cord will do the job nicely.

I'm now going to work my way round the whole van and do the rest.

A huge thank you to the very helpful people in this forum.

ta

d

rubber-and-butyl.jpg

OP
OP
DaveFromBarrow

DaveFromBarrow

Free Member
Sep 11, 2020
Aboyne
Funster No
MH
Apache 634
Exp
Since 2020
Well done Dave. I was only wondering today if you'd had a go at it, or whether I'd scared you off. 👍🏻

Your kind help and advice (pics and chat) were just what I needed to tackle the job with confidence. The weather today was favourable so I got cracking. Job done.

d

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back