Taking the leap, top tips required (1 Viewer)

WildWind

Free Member
Jul 14, 2021
Funster No
MH
Buying Soon
OK we're a couple in our 50's & due to circumstances (and a long held desire) we've decided now is the time to take the leap and go full time. Lucky enough to have an online business so we're free to travel as we see fit and we're very used to "making do" and living in small spaces. We've just spent 7 months in a small house in a remote(ish) village in Serbia & now we're back in the UK for a few months to find the right RV and then would like to spend the winter abroad (Spain & Portugal).

We've researched vehicles a lot and we are really drawn to something with 1 or 2 slides. We have a budget of up to 40k. We would really like to be able to get off grid if possible. Been looking at a old Allegro Bay & of course a few different Winnebago's.

Any advice from those experienced is gratefully received. We're already pondering how much easier moving becomes with a 30ft Sunova as opposed to 36 foot Allegro. Although as I read the legislation I can't drive a 9,000kg Allegro on a pre 1997 C1, C1E licence?

Thank you in advance!

A & J

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
OK we're a couple in our 50's & due to circumstances (and a long held desire) we've decided now is the time to take the leap and go full time. Lucky enough to have an online business so we're free to travel as we see fit and we're very used to "making do" and living in small spaces. We've just spent 7 months in a small house in a remote(ish) village in Serbia & now we're back in the UK for a few months to find the right RV and then would like to spend the winter abroad (Spain & Portugal).

We've researched vehicles a lot and we are really drawn to something with 1 or 2 slides. We have a budget of up to 40k. We would really like to be able to get off grid if possible. Been looking at a old Allegro Bay & of course a few different Winnebago's.

Any advice from those experienced is gratefully received. We're already pondering how much easier moving becomes with a 30ft Sunova as opposed to 36 foot Allegro. Although as I read the legislation I can't drive a 9,000kg Allegro on a pre 1997 C1, C1E licence?

Thank you in advance!

A & J
Go to the sister site RVOC
Lots of help for US RV's You will also find it's not the length but the width of an RV that causes most of a problem.

Just seen this on RVOC

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back