Swift dealers (1 Viewer)

Mar 31, 2022
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Kon Tiki 784
Exp
Been caravanning for years but now ordered my first motorhome
Hi we are at the T T with our new Kon Tiki and like everyone we meet with these motorhomes we have knocked the fresh water drain pipe of on a speed hump we are going to Scotland after the T T we contacted a Swift dealer in Livingstone to have some repairs carried out but informed by them that no Swift dealer would touch it as they didn't sell it to us and we have to return it to Brownhills so what's the use in a Swift three year warranty when I will have to return it to Brownhills

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Hi we are at the T T with our new Kon Tiki and like everyone we meet with these motorhomes we have knocked the fresh water drain pipe of on a speed hump we are going to Scotland after the T T we contacted a Swift dealer in Livingstone to have some repairs carried out but informed by them that no Swift dealer would touch it as they didn't sell it to us and we have to return it to Brownhills so what's the use in a Swift three year warranty when I will have to return it to Brownhills
Fairly common position in the leisure sector unfortunately.Not great though

Upvote 0

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
Maybe post some pics and I'm sure the Funsters will help with a temp fix,or search for a mobile MH repair while you are their or when you return to mainland.....

Cheers🍻

Upvote 0

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
To expand a little, ’most’ motorhome warranties are with the suppling dealer IE the people you have a contract with, even then the warranty is multifaceted. For example if you had a prob with a headlight the Fiat dealer would be responsible, if it were a problem with the rear side lights, the Fiat dealer wouldn’t touch it.

Fundamentally the problem is it’s a small cottage industry, with companies converting delivery vans with caravan bits irrespective of how much money you paid

There is very few if any motorhome manufacturers in Europe certainly none in the UK just converters, with no clout to make ’their’ customers (the dealers) work in the end users (us) interest.

Also the converters tend not to pay workshops going rate, pay late and quibble about warranty claims, another reason dealer ‘A’ won’t do warranty work for dealer ‘B’

Upvote 0
Mar 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
Agreed.
My friend bought a new Hymer Excis in Germany and found that Hymer dealers in the UK wouldn't touch it and was told he had to take it to the supplying dealer back in Germany.
He also found that Fiat pro's in the UK didn't want to work on it either, although after a lot of arguing with Fiat UK he did manage to get them to agree that he didn't have to take it to Germany for Fiat warranty work.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back