Swift Control Panel Query

Alex Milton

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Got a Swift Sundance 630L, 2010 model. Parked up one day and switched the power on the control panel. Made a cup of tea etc. Nothing unusual. Drove off and immediately remembered I had left the power on the control panel so stopped and powered it down.

Since then, I notice that whilst driving that the leisure and starter battery lights on the control panel are now flashing when I'm driving. On and off every 2-3 seconds. Everything seems to work fine, just unsure why this is now happening.

Any ideas?

Thanks...Alex

MikeD

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I can't help but would like to say welcome - hopefully someone a bit brighter than me will be along soon

hellowelcome

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Alex, welcome aboard. Sorry not much help with your problem at the moment but can confirm the later Swift vans power down the control panel when the engine is started. I know this because when we pull into a lay-by for Jen to have a pea she turns on the control panel to power up the water pump for a flush and sometimes I start the engine just before she has finished and she has to power it up again. I have a mate who has recently purchased a 2008 model of your van and will have a word with him and report back if l have any helpful info to add. What you did would not be uncommon so the two may not be connected.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Drove off and immediately remembered I had left the power on the control panel so stopped and powered it down.
Thanks...Alex

For your information someone has bodged it. As built it powers down automatically when the engine runs. So who knows what you may find tracking this down. Good luck.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
If its the EC 450 system with the engine running the flashing battery lights indicate the leisure and cab batteries are charging off the alternator but the whole panel should not be on. As Hilldweller explains when the engine runs the panel is disabled but it will show the flashing lights.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back